FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Track Day On Sunday.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well went to the track yesterday, great weather, track was sticky, couldnt be better.

well after most of the day i was running a 14.2 - 14.3 but at 100mph. my launches were s*** and couldnt keep the boost up in 1st gear, but then i drop the tire pressure and it all and finally ran a 13.8 @ 99.97 mph at 11psi. still only on a base tune, and i could notice my spark plugs were fouled up because the car would hesitate a little throughout the power band.

over all it was a great day.

what track?
ZX5focused,Apr 23 2007, 05:31 PM Wrote:what track?
[right][snapback]235950[/snapback][/right]

toronto motorsports park in cayuga
I heard that Cayuga has a good road track to!! I wanna try auto-X and find what the limits of my car are before I upgrade to much..
Canadian ST,Apr 23 2007, 06:46 PM Wrote:I heard that Cayuga has a good road track to!! [right][snapback]235993[/snapback][/right]

i heard the opposite.....but never been to it....
yea they do, kinda pricey tho, 120$, but i heard its alot of fun. i wouldnt go tho, my suspension is completely stock.
NikiterZTS,Apr 23 2007, 06:48 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Apr 23 2007, 06:46 PM Wrote:I heard that Cayuga has a good road track to!! [right][snapback]235993[/snapback][/right]

i heard the opposite.....but never been to it....
[right][snapback]235994[/snapback][/right]
I watched a few laps when I was there last October. Looked good to me.
[Image: DSC00185.jpg]
[Image: DSC00189.jpg]
kamilk69,Apr 23 2007, 12:20 PM Wrote:13.8 @ 99.97 mph at 11psi.
[right][snapback]235949[/snapback][/right]
Sounds good. Looks like I may need to do this little engine upgrade on the Marauder to keep up with ya.... :unsure:
[Image: Prorauder1.jpg]
[Image: Prorauder.jpg]
kamilk69,Apr 23 2007, 11:02 PM Wrote:yea they do, kinda pricey tho, 120$, but i heard its alot of fun. i wouldnt go tho, my suspension is completely stock.
[right][snapback]236037[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that should necessarily stop you, I mean hell, I'm doing the SVTOA Redline Rendevous @ Dunnville with my stock suspension setup in July (Unless I can get a good deal on an SVT suspension swap prior to that)

Unless you're afraid that if you don't upgrade your suspension, the power you're running now would overwhelm the suspension in the corners (IE: Come in too fast and off into the grass you fly)

NefCanuck
i guess your right, should go out one of these days, but 120$ is kinda alot for me right now, especially with my engine build going on.
kamilk69,Apr 24 2007, 08:49 AM Wrote:i guess your right, should go out one of these days, but 120$ is kinda alot for me right now, especially with my engine build going on.
[right][snapback]236074[/snapback][/right]

True, parts for engine work aren't cheap, even if you can supply the labour yourself :( That's what bugs me about doing the suspension swap, parts are cheap, it's the labour where I have to touch my toes and take it b/c I can't do any of that stuff myself.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 24 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:
kamilk69,Apr 24 2007, 08:49 AM Wrote:i guess your right, should go out one of these days, but 120$ is kinda alot for me right now, especially with my engine build going on.
[right][snapback]236074[/snapback][/right]

True, parts for engine work aren't cheap, even if you can supply the labour yourself :( That's what bugs me about doing the suspension swap, parts are cheap, it's the labour where I have to touch my toes and take it b/c I can't do any of that stuff myself.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]236083[/snapback][/right]

there are always FC.net members our there to help Dan ;)
im calling out myself
all u'll have to pay for is parts and alignment
yeah Dan, anytime you need s*** installed and want to make a little road trip, let me know...I usually only need a week's notice if I have nothing planned.
Hrm, maybe I should be giving Dixie Ford a call and seeing what they want for the kit (Closest local place to me that sells the SVT kit)

Decisions, decisions...

NefCanuck
im down to help you out with a install. but why are you going with the svt kit, why not a tien or h&r, parts cant be that cheap from the dealership.
kamilk69,Apr 24 2007, 01:25 PM Wrote:im down to help you out with a install. but why are you going with the svt kit, why not a tien or h&r, parts cant be that cheap from the dealership.
[right][snapback]236149[/snapback][/right]

Here's the thing, the SVT kit tightens up the ride over stock and is only a drop of 0.5" something I have to watch with my knee (Watching me getting into and out of lowered Focus could be a staple on America's Funniest Home Videos :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
You have the 05, but in SES form... I'm not sure you'll notice THAT much more over stock. The SES suspension isn't that bad, though.

In any case, the drop will be nice without putting you in pratfall territory! :)
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 24 2007, 04:32 PM Wrote:You have the 05, but in SES form... I'm not sure you'll notice THAT much more over stock. The SES suspension isn't that bad, though.

In any case, the drop will be nice without putting you in pratfall territory! :)
[right][snapback]236184[/snapback][/right]

I'd have to check but IIRC aside from the firmer shocks & springs than stock, the rear anti-sway bar is thicker in the SVT kit than the setup in my SES, one of the things that I think I would notice (I would have the perfect test too, a right hand turn at 50km/h, currently the car does it, but there is a fair amount of body lean... tires aren't bitching though)

Yeah, last thing I want is a car that I can't get in & out of without calling 911 ('04 Stang was pathetic, DP's Stang? As good as my Focus...)

NefCanuck