FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mach A Like Projectors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok guys,
so yes, I did purchase a set of those projector lights with the halo rings and the integrated indicators that are found on Ebay, however I didn't buy them from there.
Now, before you all start hating on them, they are actually very well put together and they are a lot more sturdy than my old Hella's.

So here are my questions...
How do I wire the Halo's up to make them come on when I switch my headlights on? Do I tap into the wiring for the headlights? Or is this going to draw too much power and potentially cause the wiring harness to melt? I don't know what kind of draw the halo's require, sorry. Only a positive and negative wire are supplied from each of the 2 halo's.

As for the indicators...
I want to remove the wiring from the current grill indicators and attach them to the wiring of the indicators located in the headlights. Again, only a positive and negative wire is supplied. When I look at the wires to the grill indicators (there are 3) black, blue with orange stripe and green with orange stripe... what is what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve.
for the indicator lights, one on them is the wire that turns them on when you select parking lights or headlights on the switch. i believe its the green one but im not positive.

talk to paolo he is the resident readlightght mod expert
I think the parking light is the middle wire.
The middle wire in the grill signal harness is the one that turns the lamps on in the park position, the outside wires are the ground and the one that sends the actual signal blink.

The euro/mach headlights use the "city light" (the little 194 sized bulb) as the middle wire from the grill harness, then the signal wire goes to your blinker..

And the halos usually end up looking a lot better if you don't wire them up at all ;)
guilty,Apr 23 2007, 04:53 PM Wrote:The middle wire in the grill signal harness is the one that turns the lamps on in the park position, the outside wires are the ground and the one that sends the actual signal blink.

The euro/mach headlights use the "city light" (the little 194 sized bulb) as the middle wire from the grill harness, then the signal wire goes to your blinker..

And the halos usually end up looking a lot better if you don't wire them up at all ;)
[right][snapback]235979[/snapback][/right]
^^^ Makes me Laugh...
Halos Look great.
Problem is They Either Burnout early, Or have s***ty blue bulbs.
guilty,Apr 23 2007, 05:53 PM Wrote:And the halos usually end up looking a lot better if you don't wire them up at all ;)
[right][snapback]235979[/snapback][/right]

lol
Thanks, but, I will use my own opinion whether it looks s***ty or not.

Black/guilty,
thanks for your help.
what lights did you buy ? there are a hundred sets on ebay. in any case let us know how they work out and post some pics...
Im looking at some ebay brands since Im too poor to afford Hellas, and exam time is slowing my trigger response on any deals that could have been made for them.
anyone know about this brand ???
-LINK-A-RONI-
I wouldn't mind gettin a set of replacement lens that are the UK variety with the turn signal indicators - at a decent price of course!
PDW,Apr 27 2007, 09:36 AM Wrote:what lights did you buy ? there are a hundred sets on ebay. in any case let us know how they work out and post some pics...
Im looking at some ebay brands since Im too poor to afford Hellas, and exam time is slowing my trigger response on any deals that could have been made for them.
anyone know about this brand ???
-LINK-A-RONI-
[right][snapback]236516[/snapback][/right]

I had a set of those once upon a time, got them off another member of FC. Don't waste your money, they just didn't hold up well to canadian weather.
^^ damn, they looked like a good alternatvie to the overly expensive hellas....
Here are the ones I have, they are installed now just have to wire up the indicators.
Halo's are working, actually don't mind the look of them. Now just going to add some eyelids to hide those gastly led's and bingo.

Pics to come.

[Image: 51_1.jpg]
Alien-Tek,Apr 27 2007, 03: Wrote:Here are the ones I have, they are installed now just have to wire up the indicators.
Halo's are working, actually don't mind the look of them. Now just going to add some eyelids to hide those gastly led's and bingo.

Pics to come.

[Image: 51_1.jpg]
[right][snapback]236556[/snapback][/right]

Question for ya regarding those lights cuz i've looked at getting them a few times. The LED's on the top, is it just 2 wires to hook them up or do they each have individual wires for them? If i can light them up individually i might pick up a set i've got an interesting use for those.
They all have individual wiring.

What were you thinking?
Alien-Tek,Apr 27 2007, 07: Wrote:They all have individual wiring.

What were you thinking?
[right][snapback]236573[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking of making something that made a sequential turn signal out of them. Haven't really put alot of thought into it but i think its doable with a few electronic components.
There's a company in Pennsylvania that makes the sequential modules for retrofit to Mustangs, Cougars and T-Birds (don't know if they'd work with LEDs though) - I bought a DRL module from them and a brake light flasher.

habmann,Apr 27 2007, 08:06 PM Wrote:I was thinking of making something that made a sequential turn signal out of them. Haven't really put alot of thought into it but i think its doable with a few electronic components.
[right][snapback]236574[/snapback][/right]
habmann,Apr 27 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:had a set of those once upon a time, got them off another member of FC. Don't waste your money, they just didn't hold up well to canadian weather.
[right][snapback]236545[/snapback][/right]

is it just these in particular or are you warning against the hella branded lights like this as well ? like is it just the style that is bad or the brand ?
PDW,Apr 29 2007, 12:52 PM Wrote:
habmann,Apr 27 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:had a set of those once upon a time, got them off another member of FC. Don't waste your money, they just didn't hold up well to canadian weather.
[right][snapback]236545[/snapback][/right]

is it just these in particular or are you warning against the hella branded lights like this as well ? like is it just the style that is bad or the brand ?
[right][snapback]236746[/snapback][/right]

The ones i had were hella look alikes, those are the ones i would stay away from. On mine the lenses cracked, but on these ones having the plastic cover you shouldn't have any issues. To be honest i've looked at getting a set of these for the past year or so, but being a poor student until recently i never really had the money for them. But i think i may pick up a set of the black ones and paint them to match the color of my car.
^^ i dont know what you mean by a plastic cover.. I dont see what you mean on the link i posted...
^^OK between the ones already being talked about in this thread and the ones you posted the link for, the difference is this. The ones in this thread are like the stock ones with the lenses behind the clear plastic shield, being that you can't touch the lenses. Where as the ones you posted the link to, the lenses are exposed to the elements and they'll crack because they aren't all that good quality.
Pages: 1 2