FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: An Idiot-proof Buffer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does such a thing exist? I'm paranoid of using some high-powered buffer and burning the paint and stuff..

My hood is driving me crazy because of all the scratches and swirls. Tried scratch-x on the biggest offender (not sure how it happened, but the scratch is almost a complete circle, and it wasn't from me having foreign debris on a towel or something. i noticed it one day when i got home from work.)

Thought of one of those red powerball things I can put on my cordless drill to try and smooth it all out with some light polishing compound or whatever the stuff is that came with my clay bar.

I also need something to get some nice scratches out of the wife's focus. I don't know if someone put a bag on her car or whatever in a parking lot, but she has huge scratches going from the hood down to the fender.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Bring it to a repair shop, when I've done that in the past for a scratch on my bumper they got in odd in no time and didn't charge me.
If you buy one, I will be hapy to show you how to use it and what to do.

And ask Anthony for free usage of his. If he is in a good mood(Check his facebook)
best bet, get it done by the pros. Last thing you want is a nice patch of steel where the paint used to be
Thanks for the offer Bryan!

I'll check with Anthony
If you want something easy to use that won't destroy your paint then get the Porter Cable 7424 random orbital. This thing is so easy to use. Also check out Eshine for detailing products. They are located in Ontario.