FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 3rd Annual Fc Burlington Bbq
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Stupid question.. BUT one of my friends (not a member) is pretty interested in the meet and has a nice little done up zx3, he's looking to buy/sell/trade some stuff. Are we allowed to bring non-members to come out or no?

edit: and yes, i saw the message from puppet but would he be considered a guest or not so much??.. thanks! :)
jen_deans,Aug 9 2007, 03:03 PM Wrote:Stupid question.. BUT one of my friends (not a member) is pretty interested in the meet and has a nice little done up zx3, he's looking to buy/sell/trade some stuff. Are we allowed to bring non-members to come out or no?

edit: and yes, i saw the message from puppet but would he be considered a guest or not so much??.. thanks! :)
[right][snapback]246275[/snapback][/right]

he'd be considered your guest, and as long as he was selling his own parts there, I have no problem with him attending and selling.
k perfect, thanks for the reply! :) I will see everyone Saturday!
looks like i may be the first to back out
dunno if i can make it anymore, some s*** has come up
i was really hoping to see this awesome turnout we are expecting and to talk to some friends but family s*** is supposedly more important :(
I'm going to be the first one to make a change in my plans. I've got a family thing to do first, which probably means I won't be there for the show and shine and swap meet part, but I'm planning to put turn up the boost, if I had it :lol: and get there before the cruise rolls out. If I'm not there by 2:00 p.m. I'm not there at all. I'm not a very happy camper today, but, I'll get over it :unsure:
Family stuff comes first in all things.
I cant get there until 4:15 were will everyone be?
Canadian ST,Aug 10 2007, 08:45 PM Wrote:I cant get there until 4:15 were will everyone be?
[right][snapback]246427[/snapback][/right]

Hmm we'll most likely be on the cruise by then. :(

We're rolling out at 3:30 sharp!

We should be back to the house around 5:00pm or so.

You can try and catch us on the cruise.

Here is my cell #...

Call me and I'll let you know where we'll be. We'll most likely be at the icecream parlour by that time.

It's on Guelph line in Lowville.

Call me when you get to Burlington and I'll guide you into where we are!
Is it any better to go via James Snow Parkway to Derry to Appleby?

I'd rather avoid the QEW/427. Plus I know my way around Milton.
ANTHONYD,Aug 10 2007, 09:17 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Aug 10 2007, 08:45 PM Wrote:I cant get there until 4:15 were will everyone be?
[right][snapback]246427[/snapback][/right]

Hmm we'll most likely be on the cruise by then. :(

We're rolling out at 3:30 sharp!

We should be back to the house around 5:00pm or so.

You can try and catch us on the cruise.

Here is my cell #...

Call me and I'll let you know where we'll be. We'll most likely be at the icecream parlour by that time.

It's on Guelph line in Lowville.

Call me when you get to Burlington and I'll guide you into where we are!
[right][snapback]246429[/snapback][/right]

Thanks I'll call you when I get over the skyway
Hi guys, sorry I am not able to attend, something just came up last night :(, i guess I'll need to wait for another year :(

Have lots of fun guys!!
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 10 2007, 10:36 PM Wrote:Is it any better to go via James Snow Parkway to Derry to Appleby?

I'd rather avoid the QEW/427.  Plus I know my way around Milton.
[right][snapback]246436[/snapback][/right]
If you want to avoid the QEW, the James Snow route would be fine.

You could also come down via the 403 and get off just before the QEW at Dundas/Hwy 5 and travel west on Dundas for 15kms until Appleby and go south. It sounds like a long travel, but you could complete it in about 12 minutes.
I don't know why I am typing this as your probably gone already.
I got back a while ago. Had a busy day w/ family, so I couldn't stay for the cruise. It was nice checking out the cars and I got some cool pics. Thanks to all who put it on. Maybe I will be back next year, lol.
Awesome day! Thanks again to Anthony and Steve for arranging this event!
meford4u,Aug 11 2007, 10:35 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 10 2007, 10:36 PM Wrote:Is it any better to go via James Snow Parkway to Derry to Appleby?

I'd rather avoid the QEW/427.  Plus I know my way around Milton.
[right][snapback]246436[/snapback][/right]
If you want to avoid the QEW, the James Snow route would be fine.

You could also come down via the 403 and get off just before the QEW at Dundas/Hwy 5 and travel west on Dundas for 15kms until Appleby and go south. It sounds like a long travel, but you could complete it in about 12 minutes.
I don't know why I am typing this as your probably gone already.
[right][snapback]246445[/snapback][/right]

Actually that was a pretty good way to go, avoids all the traffic and only takes a few min. Well worth it.
I'd like to add my thank-you as well, enjoyed coming out, and really liked the cruise at the end. Thanks again guys 2 thumbs up!!
Thanks to everyone who came out and made the BBQ such a success! I can't believe how far the focus community has come over the years -- there are some truly spectacular cars!

I think it's an understatement saying that this meet truly illustrates what makes FC so great -- the people, the cars, and the people's passion for the cars.

Anyways, I hope everyone had as great a time as I did -- welcome to some new members, and a big thanks to those who travelled far, skipped weddings, and put off solving world hunger to come out!

Also a huge thanks again to AnthonyD for hosting, and Hardkore for putting on a very successful show and shine!

-steve
yea thanks alot guys we had a great time
Glad I made it out this year!! This is an awsome event and I want to thank Anthony, Steve, Kevin, and all the other members who came out and made it all happen.
Great cars, Great people, and a Great little cruise, minus the railroad tracks..lol

Looking forward to next year
Amazing as usual, props to AnthonyD, DarkPuppet & hark0re for doing everything to make this event such a success (Now pardon me while I go and deal with a sever case of sunburn... I think I know what a vampire caught out in the sun feels like now :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
Thank you guys for putting on such a great event! Many thanks to Anthony, puppet & hardk0re for organizing everything.

I was thinking on the way home Saturday that this get together rivaled the Ford Nationals in 2006 for turnout!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9