FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Failed Inspection!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I brought my 00 ford focus from California to Vancouver Canada..
In order to import my car and register in canada, i have to take 2 inspection..
and..
this was how mine looked like
[Image: IMG_3734.jpg]

I failed the "FEDERAL INSPECTION".
In order to pass Federal,
-DRL(installed)
-Headlights(replaced)
-Airbag(replaced)
-Odometer(stock, overlay removed)
-spoiler(removed)
-height(raised up, so it is about 1.5" lowered)
headlights back to stock
[Image: 1.jpg]

spoiler removed and tint film also removed
[Image: 3.jpg]

raised up, so around 1.5" lowered(?)
[Image: 4.jpg]

So I thought I m 100% positive that I will pass...BUT
They told me that they will not pass me, and the reason was..
-French Airbag Sticker from dealership..DUH!!!

This will take me another 3 or 4 weeks, getting recall clearance letter took me 3 weeks to mailed. nad i believe this little tiny sticker will cost me another $100~$200. I paid $168 for 1 single printed paper from FORD.

If i get lucky and pass this "FEDERAL INSPECTION", then "PROVINCIAL INSPECTION" is next.
It is much more strict and in order to pass "PROVINCIAL"
- no moisture in headlights
- must have same wheels and tires with similar tread left.
- no bucket seat
- no crack on bumper
- they may or may not pick on euro bumper
- no dent on rear quarter panel, because wheel is sticking out a bit less than 1/4" but they are picking on it.

I am really pissed!!
I spent $400 since I get here to get DRL, Headlights and recall clearance leter, I am not gonna spend more money and fix anymore..
This is really suck to let my car go, I poured all my soul(?)into my focus, doing lots custom work!!

I have to sell my focus to USA or if someone is willing to fix all stuff to meet BC regulation...

I am not done with focus yet. I am buying another used focus, DURATEC with MTX.
"-French Airbag Sticker from dealership..DUH!!!"

isn't that sicker on the sunvisors?

Just borrow someones or go to the wreckers and buy a pair
sorry your having such a hard time , move to newbrunswick I know ppl who gives inspections easily lol
for your provincial go to smaller shops
why bother on the provincial if you are moving to ontario??
dammmm, sometimes its just a BS I know when my sister in-law moved to Calgary from Toronto, they charged her 1500$ just so the car can meet the Alberta standards. I looked at all the charges and they were all BS. The car had passed the safety and emission in Ontario, so to me it just seemed like a cash grab.

On the other hand, when I moved from Ontario to California they just wanted a letter stating the car meets the California emissions. So I just called ford and they give me the letter. The car was brand new still under factory warranty.

For your DRL's all you had to do was to install the relay, No? I thought all US cars do come with it, its just the relay is not there.
Man its s***ty that you've gotta go thru all this.

I think this is the tough part about modding cars. Aslong as you don't wanna move or change insurance companies, things like that you're good to go. But when you try and change those things, having a modified car makes it a million times harder.
Nice car btw...

I would just pay the costs and get it pass the inspection, you put so much in the car already I doubt you'll be able to sell the car for a good price.
go find a cheap focus in canada that is NOT salvage title, swap the vins and call it a day...and have a parts car.

Done deal.
Going with a Duratec-powered Focus will give you a lot more mileage left on the odo for fun.

I'm really sad to hear about this, because that car is one of the only brown Foci I've liked. OK, it's also one of the only ones I've ever seen in brown, but still!
where uis the french airbag sticker on focus??
i heard it is somewhere on windows or something..
that is only thing holding me back for federal inspection..
nevermind, that french airbag sticker is the one on sunvisor..
who is gonna read french..

and i m gonna lose all my decals tomorrow, it sucks to let all go but..

oh and i m selling my sparco corsa seats to get driver/passenger airbag but no module..and steering wheel is needed.
This sounds a little overkill... that would be a shame to dismantle all that work you put into the car, just doesn't make sense to have it nearly all removed in order to pass inspection. We have at least one member with that same wing... and it's his daily driver (I believe).
having spoiler and everything is not a problem after all inspection is done..but i have to have nearly stock looking and all in order to pass inspection..it really sux..that is what BC law is..
you need a buddy to swap parts with like seats and rims until you have inspection passed.
talk to mitch at zx3tuning, he may have some of the s*** you need lying around and im sure he would let you borrow or "rent" it for a little while
before
[Image: 2.jpg]
and
after
[Image: IMG_3946.jpg]
spoiler will be off when i m ready for inspection.
sorry but it looks better without the stickers.
lol~i kinda feel like i forgot bring something when i get into my car..
i lost huge visual all in sudden..
by the way, i boyught the headlight from festive zombie, thanks to you..
but i couldn;t stand chrome color on my ride, so i cracked opend and painted.
[Image: IMG_3955.jpg]
i actually like it with out a spiler better....damn thats alot of work!
Pages: 1 2