FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Since A Lot Of Us Are Detailing This Week-end...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why dont we post up our procedures and pics of our results to compare? :)
Just go the the beer store and STFU.
meford4u,Apr 20 2007, 03:06 PM Wrote:Just go the the beer store and STFU.
[right][snapback]235654[/snapback][/right]

Go pop more pills.
ill get some up later , but I think my car needs a buff noticed alot of surface scratches and some swirls that gotta be taken out.
Procedures? :blink:

1) Throw polishing rags in the washing machine/dryer tonight
2) Wear fc.net t-shirt to co-op car wash next to CT
3) Buy 303 cleaner @ Crappy Tire
4) Shove about $5 worth of coins into CT vacuum to take up all the sand & salt & s**t
5) Drink can of Mountain Dew
6) Wipe down the interior using the 303 cleaner & polishing rags
7) Drink 2nd can of MD
8) Wash car
9) Wax car using Turtle Wax Ice
10) Drive home buzzed on the 2 cans of MD like I would be playing NFS: Carbon :P

NefCanuck
You forgot 11. Get a life :lol:

An d Flo........beer is your friend. Your best friend. Your only friend.
I did something stupid.

washed the car on the way to my class this morning.... coin wash, with my detail bucket in hand wearing my dockers and a golf shirt for work.

not that I ruined the clothes.. I managed to keep the water off me, but stupid in that there's so much friggin construction, you can't see the stripes on the car through the dust after the 45 minute drive home.

Why do I even bother?
Never tried it myself but vinegar is supposed to get salt stains off of carpet REALLY REALLY well.

Let me know how it goes if you try it or have tried it before.

Is it all right if rum is my friend instead of beer Bryan?

NefCanuck,Apr 20 2007, 03:24 PM Wrote:Procedures? :blink:

1) Throw polishing rags in the washing machine/dryer tonight
2) Wear fc.net t-shirt to co-op car wash next to CT
3) Buy 303 cleaner @ Crappy Tire
4) Shove about $5 worth of coins into CT vacuum to take up all the sand & salt & s**t
5) Drink can of Mountain Dew
6) Wipe down the interior using the 303 cleaner & polishing rags
7) Drink 2nd can of MD
8) Wash car
9) Wax car using Turtle Wax Ice
10) Drive home buzzed on the 2 cans of MD like I would be playing NFS: Carbon :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]235662[/snapback][/right]

I actually used a clay bar today, that took a while. Then I use some new Lucas wax that we got at my work. ( Same people that make Lucas oil )
The wax workes good.
Rum good.

I have great rum from Cuba. will save you a bottle.

And yes, the vinegar works well for salt stains and is absolutely safe.
the only thing that ill be detailing is my shoes, cause I don't have a car......

But usually "The Works Wash" at petrocan is good.
D-Dub,Apr 20 2007, 07: Wrote:the only thing that ill be detailing is my shoes, cause I don't have a car......

[right][snapback]235689[/snapback][/right]

Most Petro Canada car washes still use those evil "slapper" type brushes... Scratch city :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I had planed on detailing the car but instead am looking to get estiamtes for my recent rear end.

Though on Sunday I am installing my new 2.25" flex pipe (newedgeperformance) MBRP exhaust, UDP and SVT HVAC bezel.

While the car is getting the bumper fixed and some respray I'm going to cash up to keep a deep gloss buffing down. Taking a go at my headlights to get rid of that dam haze.
NefCanuck,Apr 21 2007, 12:20 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Apr 20 2007, 07: Wrote:the only thing that ill be detailing is my shoes, cause I don't have a car......

[right][snapback]235689[/snapback][/right]

Most Petro Canada car washes still use those evil "slapper" type brushes... Scratch city :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]235710[/snapback][/right]

Not the one in Burlington and Stoney Creek, they use the soft cloths and no slaps just spin.
Photos tommorow but two and a half hours (and a sunburn later :ph34r:) the car is looking about as good as it did when I paid Ford last year $139 + taxes to do the car (Only thing I couldn't do today was the engine bay, no electrical outlet to be had)

NefCanuck
wanted to do some detailing but living in an apartment makes things hard. will give it a good go though once my new (to me) wheels get here......I cant wait
1) Wake up
2) Go to Tim's for a double double.
3) Give wife a hug & kiss because she wants to head out early to beat the traffic. (Why can't I just come to Canada already?)
4) Finish coffee
5) Get the buckets of cleaning supplies.
6) Wash car 2x
7) Clay bar the bish
8) Wash it again
9) Start waxing
10) Realize that even though its 70* out.. its still HOT with the sun beating down.
11) Wax the hood, front quarter, and drivers door. PITA.
12) Clean up all of the cleaning stuff.
13) Decide it would be better to just pay someone to give the car a nice wax & detail, because I suck at it and can't get any of the scratches & swirls out.
I think im gettin the guy from ford to detail on his time lol
my buddy came over...so we washed out cars with Armor All and then waxed them with "Eagle: Wax as you dry"

Focus and Si
[Image: Picture228.jpg]

[Image: Picture226.jpg]

[Image: Picture227.jpg]

p.s. sorry for the quality its off my cellphone.....jk :lol:

the shots were made on 7.1 camera....where i should of came out out of the garage

a day later after the wash....still looking fresh and clean
[Image: focus_highway.jpg]
Here's how my beast looked after 2.5hours in the sun on Saturday (I was a real redneck... My neck almost matched the car colour :ph34r:

[Image: DSC00371.jpg]

The interior... considering the only vacuum available at the coin-op was half busted I think the carpets came out decent:

[Image: DSC00374.jpg]

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2