FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Edge Appealing To Older Customers,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ford Edge appealing to older customers, says J.D. Power
Source: Canadian Driver
04-20-2007

Toronto, Ontario - The all-new 2007 Ford Edge, equipped with a 3.5-litre V6 engine, is appealing to Canadian customers who are older than buyers of all other competitive models except the Toyota Highlander, according to J.D. Power's Power Information Network (PIN). The average age of the Edge buyer in Canada during the past five months was 49 years, which is two years older than the typical Edge buyer in the U.S.

In Canada, the average Edge customer is also more likely to be male than buyers of all direct competitors.

Slightly more than 22 per cent of Edge transactions included a trade, and of them, 46 per cent were Ford-branded products. "This suggests that the Edge is bringing in many new vehicle buyers or secondary vehicle buyers, but its conquest rate is relatively low," the study says. "Also, one of every five trades coming in on the Edge is an 'upside down' situation, i.e., the payoff amount on the outstanding loan is greater than the actual market value of the trade."

The study also says that when compared to its competitors, 77 per cent of all Edge transactions have been leases, 13 per cent points higher than the next-closest competitor, and more than 25 percentage points higher than the segment average. "This is mostly due to a low lease rate program that Ford has been offering on 36-month leases for the Edge," the study says.

damn.. I'm old...
So when I get really old, maybe I'll buy one. But, if it can't turn as tight as a Focus, I won't.
Geez, then who's the market for the uplevel Lincoln MXK? Dead people? :lol:

NefCanuck
haha I dont care whos the market for but id love to have a edge
they must all like the massive amounts of chrome on the car.
Chrome is in!
oldeguy,Apr 20 2007, 05:11 PM Wrote:Chrome is in!
[right][snapback]235644[/snapback][/right]

Chrome is the new gay.
You may have noticed the new ad for the Edge. They put the Edge up against the BMW X5. Guess who won?

That's right, I work for Ford and I laugh at the BMW.
haha, i actually like that car and i was thinking of getting one after the escape. so maybe in 2 yrs i would just get another escape instead.
FocusGuy7476,Apr 20 2007, 01:35 PM Wrote:

Chrome is the new gay.
[right][snapback]235647[/snapback][/right]

umm hate to say this... but Crome is Lesbien! :lol:
meford4u,Apr 20 2007, 03:09 PM Wrote:You may have noticed the new ad for the Edge.  They put the Edge up against the BMW X5.  Guess who won?

[right][snapback]235655[/snapback][/right]

If people got past the branding of the cars, BMW's wouldn't measure up to a lot of cars. The base model BMWs (1 series, 3 series, and x3) are particularily guilty of being underperformers for the price you pay (in comparison to their direct competition anyways).

So it doesn't surprise me that the Edge wins over the X5.. personally, I've always found BMW's to be cramped...and somewhat underpowered. I'm losing weight, so that may change, but still... I've never been a big fan of them... tho I do hold a crush on the m-series and a couple convertibles. I do respect them for what they are.

Then again I don't care much for ferrari's either.. so take my statements for what they are.. .an opinion.
FocusGuy7476,Apr 20 2007, 01:35 PM Wrote:

Chrome is the new gay.
[right][snapback]235647[/snapback][/right]
So what's wrong with gay?
I passed an Edge SEL this morning, had a look at how much chrome was on it and thought that it wasn't anymore than the front grille.
Also drove past a riced Honda with chrome rims. Looked stupid.
Too much chrome is bad, too much carbon fibre is bad. "Too much of anything is too much for me." Pete Townsend
darkpuppet,Apr 20 2007, 06:18 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 20 2007, 03:09 PM Wrote:You may have noticed the new ad for the Edge.  They put the Edge up against the BMW X5.  Guess who won?

[right][snapback]235655[/snapback][/right]

If people got past the branding of the cars, BMW's wouldn't measure up to a lot of cars. The base model BMWs (1 series, 3 series, and x3) are particularily guilty of being underperformers for the price you pay (in comparison to their direct competition anyways).

So it doesn't surprise me that the Edge wins over the X5.. personally, I've always found BMW's to be cramped...and somewhat underpowered. I'm losing weight, so that may change, but still... I've never been a big fan of them... tho I do hold a crush on the m-series and a couple convertibles. I do respect them for what they are.

Then again I don't care much for ferrari's either.. so take my statements for what they are.. .an opinion.
[right][snapback]235677[/snapback][/right]
I think that most of the German brands are overated. Yes, they may drive nice, be full of technological gobbly- gook, but, are they reliable, easy to fix, inexpensive? Although, give me a Porsche, except the 914, and I'll be happy for life. Note, I did say give me
only a couple of Porsches I would be interested in ... a mid - 80's Air RUF Turbo, 959, or carrera GT...

and I would also kindly request they be given to me.
darkpuppet,Apr 21 2007, 10:55 AM Wrote:only a couple of Porsches I would be interested in ... a mid - 80's Air RUF Turbo, 959, or carrera GT...

and I would also kindly request they be given to me.
[right][snapback]235735[/snapback][/right]
917, never mind the street stuff
Well I gotta admit that the Edge is a great looking cross over. My wife loves them and says see wants one.
Canadian ST,Apr 21 2007, 11:13 AM Wrote:Well I gotta admit that the Edge is a great looking cross over. My wife loves them and says see wants one.
[right][snapback]235739[/snapback][/right]
Get her another Focus
Funny you should say that ... going through this with my wife right now to replace the '04 ZTW (anyone want to buy it at lease end - nice car, good deal, loaded, extra warranty, lady driven, ice cream stains on leather - j/k)

Back on topic ... my wife and I are right in there as ideal Edge prospects and we both like the way the car looks and drives ... but call me picky or whatever, but I won't be buying a $40,000 vehicle marketed as "Built for Life in Canada" that doesn't have heated mirrors available.

My dealer buddy still has a number of 07 Focus wagons in stock (all with heated seats and heated mirrors, leather, moonroof, side air bags) and they're 12 grand less than the Edge with about the same interior volume.

Really the only thing we're giving up with another Focus is a few extra airbags and AWD.

oldeguy,Apr 21 2007, 11:31 AM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Apr 21 2007, 11:13 AM Wrote:Well I gotta admit that the Edge is a great looking cross over. My wife loves them and says see wants one.
[right][snapback]235739[/snapback][/right]
Get her another Focus
[right][snapback]235740[/snapback][/right]
ZTWsquared,Apr 21 2007, 12:43 PM Wrote:Back on topic ... my wife and I are right in there as ideal Edge prospects and we both like the way the car looks and drives ... but call me picky or whatever, but I won't be buying a $40,000 vehicle marketed as "Built for Life in Canada" that doesn't have heated mirrors available.[right][snapback]235741[/snapback][/right]
?

Heated mirrors are standard on the SEL trim level. On both FWD or AWD models. That lists at $37.
Pages: 1 2