FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bad Day At The Dentist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I go in this morning to my dentist in Toronto to replace a few amalgam fillings that have started to chip (After twenty years in my mouth, I can't really complain)

I go in there armed with my PDA/mp3 player/camera thinking that I can safely drown out the sounds of violence while he's doing his thing. First though they have to freeze me... first one doesn't quite take, so two shots it is (which is finally wearing off so I don't have a hellacious lisp anymore and I'm not drooling like a starving man being shown a steak)

The drilling starts as does the music and I'm all mellow like, when all of a sudden I hear an electronic bell in my ears and the music stops so I'm getting the full aural assault of the drill :ph34r: I try fumbling around with the PDA while he's working, no soap.

So after he finishes the first tooth, I pull the PDA to eye level and realized what had happened, the alarm for the dentist visit had gone off (I had arrived early and he started early) and until I dismissed it, the music wasn't gonna come back <_< Dismiss the alarm and the music returns as he starts on the next tooth...

Moral of the story?

Double check your tech before getting your teeth checked ;)
Is there ever a GOOD day at the dentist?!

Although my dentist is a pretty cute little pixie of a thing. That sort of keeps my spirits up while she's doing her evil in my mouth.
torradan,Apr 19 2007, 01:56 PM Wrote:Is there ever a GOOD day at the dentist?!

Although my dentist is a pretty cute little pixie of a thing.  That sort of keeps my spirits up while she's doing her evil in my mouth.
[right][snapback]235558[/snapback][/right]

Lucky you, while his female assistants are easy on the eyes, he ain't :P :lol: (Then again, I started going to him when I was around 14 and I'm 35 now.. . you do the math :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
I feel your pain. Had a filling put in recently and it still bothers me.
meford4u,Apr 19 2007, 03:26 PM Wrote:I feel your pain.  Had a filling put in recently and it still bothers me.
[right][snapback]235568[/snapback][/right]

Hell, this was only Round #1, Round #2 is next Thursday :ph34r:

'course after this my molars won't look like the remains at the Stelco smelter anymore, so there is that I guess <_<

NefCanuck
Bonded fillings FTW! I have a smile again after WAY too many years.