FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Can't Make The Decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Help. I can't make up my mind and Im even more confused when I read the reviews on tire rack, tirestrends, 1010 tires etc.

I've called around many places and keep getting mixed reviews.

the tires Iam replacing are the firestone firehawk GTA02 205/50/R16

I was leaning towards the Falken ZE512 but now Im thinking about the Fuzion HRI

Falkens are 131 each + tax at Bramalea
and Fuzion HRi's are 109 + tax at Kipling tire.

any thoughts on which is a better deal?

(Opps..I forgot...I have dedicated winter tires)
Well, 131 a piece for the Falkens is pretty rich. I have those tires and I just 94 a piece. The first time I had them I paid 102.

Awesome tires, I love them. I must because I bought them a second time.
i haven't kept up with the focus but i would investigate falken azenis sport RT615 in 215/45/16 size

http://www.vulcantire.com is the cheapest i have found azenis, that is where i bought my last set

also, ppl will prob tell you something like.. that wheel is too narrow for that width.. blah blah blah.. each tire has a range of wheel widths they can be mounted on. i think going from 205 stock width to 215 width should be no problem

azenis sport require you to have snow tires, they will be a bit loud, they will wear (much) faster than the all seasons you are considering.. but it seems like you are looking for a 'high performance' type tire.. why not get an actual 'high performance' tire while you are at it :)
I have the Fuzion ZRi's and I love them. Look into a set of those. I was very impressed with the traction and wear in these tires. When it comes time for another set I will get them again.
Okay...so where are you all getting your tires for sooo cheap.
Im in the Toronto Area. I'd like to get the tires locally.

Are all the prices you guys quoting just for the tire or is that with installation

Thanks
Jaigon,Apr 19 2007, 06:15 AM Wrote:Okay...so where are you all getting your tires for sooo cheap.
Im in the Toronto Area. I'd like to get the tires locally.

Are all the prices you guys quoting just for the tire or is that with installation

Thanks
[right][snapback]235475[/snapback][/right]
I'm not sure what part of the GTA you are in, but, go to http://www.falkentire.com and look for dealers. I'm on the east side, got my 512's in Pickering. Mind you, I have the stock size of 15's so, they're probably cheaper. I paid $87 each, installed. So far, a nice all round tire, good in wet and dry. Not a really high performance tire though.

Also, call Green and Ross, although they don't lisy them on their website, they can order them for you. The green and ross I went to told me the Falken's are better than the Fuzion's. But, the Fuzions, in my humble opinion, look better....
Hey Oldeguy Im in the east end too..and im really close to pickering..where in pickering did you get your tires?

thanks
I got my Fuzion's at G&R aswell. My buddy owns the shop in the Dundas and Bloor area in the west end. I can't remember how much I paid but I did get a great deal on them.
Jaigon,Apr 19 2007, 07:16 AM Wrote:Hey Oldeguy Im in the east end too..and im really close to pickering..where in pickering did you get your tires?

thanks
[right][snapback]235479[/snapback][/right]
Here is what i did. I went to Falken's website, got a list of dealers in the Durham area, called them all to see what price they could give me. Decided from that, where to buy the tires. Because mine were the 15", they were cheaper than what yours will be. Call around to all the tire shops in Durham and east end of Toronto, heck, I even phoned the dealers in Peterborough. Because my time in very limited as to when I can get things done, I went with a tire and rim shop at Bayly and Brock, sorry, the name eludes me right now, beside the Karbelt shop. They weren't the cheapest, but they were right off the highway. I was in and out in 30 minutes. The most important thing, is to call around, even check with green annd ross. I know the one in the Pickering town centre will order them. I'm not sure, but I think Falkens are made by Yokahama, Fuzions are Bridgestones. The Falkens are cheaper in 15's
naz,Apr 18 2007, 06:01 PM Wrote:i haven't kept up with the focus but i would investigate falken azenis sport RT615 in 215/45/16 size

http://www.vulcantire.com is the cheapest i have found azenis, that is where i bought my last set

also, ppl will prob tell you something like.. that wheel is too narrow for that width.. blah blah blah.. each tire has a range of wheel widths they can be mounted on. i think going from 205 stock width to 215 width should be no problem

azenis sport require you to have snow tires, they will be a bit loud, they will wear (much) faster than the all seasons you are considering.. but it seems like you are looking for a 'high performance' type tire.. why not get an actual 'high performance' tire while you are at it :)
[right][snapback]235375[/snapback][/right]

I have the azeniz, love em. Khumo is also a good cheap tire. My khumos wore faster than my azeznis.
Flofocus,Apr 19 2007, 09:44 AM Wrote:
naz,Apr 18 2007, 06:01 PM Wrote:i haven't kept up with the focus but i would investigate falken azenis sport RT615 in 215/45/16 size

[right][snapback]235375[/snapback][/right]

I have the azeniz, love em. Khumo is also a good cheap tire. My khumos wore faster than my azeznis.
[right][snapback]235497[/snapback][/right]
Looked at Khumo's, but , because they didn't have a kilometer guarentee, i didn't consider them. I do 100 kms a day minimum, yes, it's a commuter car, so I wanted a good all round tire. Falkens were rated as the best tire by consumers digest, so, that helped in the decision.
yeah, @ 100km's a day, you'd go through them pretty quick. I wouldnt suggest the azenis either if your doing 100km day.
I just got the Falken ZE512's in 195/60R15 for $87 each.. they are a pretty decent tire but then again I'm used to driving on the OEM all seasons so it's not hard to impress me.
guilty,Apr 20 2007, 06:56 PM Wrote:I just got the Falken ZE512's in 195/60R15 for $87 each.. they are a pretty decent tire but then again I'm used to driving on the OEM all seasons so it's not hard to impress me.
[right][snapback]235681[/snapback][/right]
one thing we all have to remember is for the price, theFalkens are a good tire. I noticed right away the difference between the Falkens and Goodyears at half the price. Price gentlemen, is the key factor here.