FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Radar Detector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there illegal but do any of you guys have them ? can they be purchased from ebay or will customs keep it ?? I want one just for extra security I rarely speed any more than 10 , 20 over but I already got a over 25 km ticket so cant afford another!

I know it was me being young dumb and stupid but now I am considering a radar detector any info welcome ? :ph34r:
zx5power,Apr 16 2007, 07:08 PM Wrote:I know there illegal but do any of you guys have them ? can they be purchased from ebay or will customs keep it ?? I want one just for extra security I rarely speed any more than 10 , 20 over but I already got a over 25 km ticket so cant afford another!

I know it was me being young dumb and stupid but now I am considering a radar detector any info welcome ?  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]235009[/snapback][/right]
Not worth the heat, you get caught with it and it'll make your speeding ticket and insurance increase look minor. Besides, cops use laser half the time now, detection is hit and miss, and by the time they hit you, you're already frakked anyways.

The best way to avoid speeding tickets it to avoid speeding. But you already knew that.
yeah , I see many videos online when the detector beeps and they have time to slow down.
You know of course that cops have radar detector detectors. So if you see a cop he already knows you have one.
zx5power,Apr 16 2007, 07:29 PM Wrote:yeah , I see many videos online when the detector beeps and they have time to slow down.
[right][snapback]235018[/snapback][/right]
I'm not saying the "radar" function doesn't work -- the radar beam is wider. The laser, not so much.

How many videos do you see where the guy gets caught? Probably not too many people post those, but I assure you that it happens.

In the end of course, it's your choice.
I used to have one before it got stolen.. saved me on a lot of tickets. This is when I was young and stupid and invincible.

When I went to Canada i always removed it, even the cords. Didn't even keep it in the trunk. Its just not worth the hassle of getting busted with one.

Now I just drive slower, and haven't had a speeding ticket in *knock on wood* close to 10 years now.
Go turbo and you wont even need to pull over. :ph34r: :lol:
haha ^ good idea , I should be saying this but where im from is the country and one of my friends took off with a v6 tempo hit the woods and got away lol.
Make me an offer and you can have mine, you'd be surprised how little it would take for me to part with it.

Just email me: prodrive_mays@hotmail.com
well I know for a fact Radar/lazer decters are legal, just not in Ontario & New Brunswick.