FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Bought Something On Ebay!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've attempted to buy and sell a few things on e-bay over the years, and of the 6 or so auctions I participated in, I was scammed on every single one of them.

Sure you get your money back, but what a pain...

so needless to say, I had nearly lost hope, but my most recent attempt finally showed up in the mail.

$1USD...
[Image: IMG_3460.jpg]

it's cheap, it's chinese, but I don't care!!! I actually received something I ordered on ebay!!!
:lol: Well at least there was a happy ending to your eBay adventures for a change. How big is the light anyway?
about 8x11" .. not huge, but pretty neat little toy...
Who was the seller?
:lol: Steve I swear you have the WORST luck in the world, I have bought and sold soooooo much off of ebay and not ONCE have I run into a complication........... I dunno maybe Im just lucky. Nice find, by the way, hope they didnt reame you to bad on shipping.
Ive bougt 5 or 6 things , intake , cellphone, sim cards, clear corners, and underbody kit no problems.
Bought and sold about 100 things on eBay. Scammed once. It was a PITA but I did get most of my money back.

And that boosts your tacky level 50 points.
Burnin21,Apr 14 2007, 06:56 PM Wrote::lol: Steve I swear you have the WORST luck in the world, I have bought and sold soooooo much off of ebay and not ONCE have I run into a complication........... I dunno maybe Im just lucky. Nice find, by the way, hope they didnt reame you to bad on shipping.
[right][snapback]234727[/snapback][/right]

I think it came out to $30 after shipping (from hong kong)... it's fixed rate... but I figured, as long as the total was under what I was willing to spend, it's all good.

And to be honest, I've seen bike shop paraphenelia that cost 10x more, and was a helluva a lot cheaper looking.

I'll take my +50 tacky, thank you!
Nice.

I have yet to buy something from ebay.
:(
I've only used ebay myself so far as resource to find B&M stores that sell what I want (dash kit & hood prop rod were found on ebay then sourced from local B&M merchants)

Only things I might try to find on ebay now are clear '05 side repeaters and sedan taillights...

NefCanuck
funny thing is with everything I ordered off e-bay I never had an issues dealing with people, then again I never buy off anyone with less than a 30 selling feedback... then again I deal with more Europeans then i do with americans or chinese.
what is the guys ebay store link, i want a ford one or something to do with boost or turbos.
Well I kinda like E-bay except for one scam pulled on me. I hate the high shipping and the stupid duty.
shipping is a pain on ebay they charge extra to compensate price of item.
almost every single thing for my car has been bought from ebay, and alot of my electronics, and other toys.

ive never had any problems. but i did learn the hard way. never ship to canada by ups. and also having a po box in niagara falls helps alot too.
kamilk69,Apr 16 2007, 12:36 AM Wrote:what is the guys ebay store link, i want a ford one or something to do with boost or turbos.
[right][snapback]234862[/snapback][/right]

the link to the signs this guy is selling is here

OACSparky, his ebay user name is vtenses.

and yes, I realize that the shipping is a bit expensive to make up the difference, but it's a pretty unique little trinket for a fairly reasonable price.
You know, if we all posted our excitement that "we bought something on ebay" this site would be chalked full of even more crap than it has now.

See my point?

this is me :lame:
meford4u,Apr 17 2007, 11:48 PM Wrote:You know, if we all posted our excitement that "we bought something on ebay" this site would be chalked full of even more crap than it has now.

See my point?

[right][snapback]235269[/snapback][/right]

there'll always be those who'll want to piss in my cheerios...
darkpuppet,Apr 18 2007, 08:19 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Apr 17 2007, 11:48 PM Wrote:You know, if we all posted our excitement that "we bought something on ebay" this site would be chalked full of even more crap than it has now.

See my point?

[right][snapback]235269[/snapback][/right]

there'll always be those who'll want to piss in my cheerios...
[right][snapback]235294[/snapback][/right]
Hope that piss flavoured Cheerios went down well.