FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Performance Driving Clinic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. The 7th Annual Canadian Regional SVTOA Redline Rendezvous is back again in 07.

We are heading back to the improved Dunnville Autodrome, in Dunnville, Ontario. http://www.dunnvilleautodrome.com on July 27-29, 2007.

On Track registration is now open. Full details on pricing etc are posted on our website at http://www.svtoaontrack.ca

Register early as space is limited and also for your chance to win a free tint courtesy of The Detailing Shop.

If you have questions regarding this event feel free to contact me at info@svtoaontrack.ca
I installed the KVR SS flex lines in anticipation of this event.
I'm all signed up and Ford will have massaged the car (and my wallet) at the 60K service interval not two weeks before so its all good :D

NefCanuck
Met Laura at the SVTOA meeting Dixie Ford on Sunday (good looking GT in the showroom) and all signed up.

BTW Daniel - she says there should be plenty of helmets there to rent for the day.

NefCanuck,May 2 2007, 09:37 PM Wrote:I'm all signed up and Ford will have massaged the car (and my wallet) at the 60K service interval not two weeks before so its all good :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237164[/snapback][/right]
ZTWsquared,May 2 2007, 10:55 PM Wrote:Met Laura at the SVTOA meeting Dixie Ford on Sunday (good looking GT in the showroom) and all signed up.

BTW Daniel - she says there should be plenty of helmets there to rent for the day.

NefCanuck,May 2 2007, 09:37 PM Wrote:I'm all signed up and Ford will have massaged the car (and my wallet) at the 60K service interval not two weeks before so its all good :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237164[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]237183[/snapback][/right]

Ah, that's good news, I wasn't looking forward to dropping two c-notes on a helmet if I didn't need to... Just wondering if the SVT suspension upgrade is worth it from what I have on my car now though... (I mean the car handles well, but I can provoke it if I push it, I'm figuring the SVT would give the car handling that I wouldn't be able to upset :P :lol:)

NefCanuck

NefCanuck,May 3 2007, 12:13 AM Wrote:Ah, that's good news, I wasn't looking forward to dropping two c-notes on a helmet if I didn't need to... Just wondering if the SVT suspension upgrade is worth it from what I have on my car now though... (I mean the car handles well, but I can provoke it if I push it, I'm figuring the SVT would give the car handling that I wouldn't be able to upset :P :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]237185[/snapback][/right]

The setup will be great for this track. I had a lot of fun with the stock setup back in 2004. The SVT upgrade worked well at Shannonville for me.

This year, I might be more in the background with a few laps here and there. Gotta take it slightly easier now with the miles under my belt :rolleyes:
Just a bump:
We extended the Early registration pricing until July 17th.

Single Day: $190
Weekend: $350

Our event includes instructors. The lead instrutor and columnist for Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, Jeff Lacina, is from the US and runs our On Tracks all over North America. Helmet rentals will be limited, but available. There is also an evening banquet.

Our room block has been extended at the Ramada Coral Inn until July 10th.

Registration flyer: http://www.svtoaontrack.ca/downloads/07r...erform.pdf

NEW EVENT

There will be a "corral" for those on the 28th (Saturday) who just want to show off their cars and watch the action from the sidelines. I'll post the details on the On Trac website when they become available: http://www.svtoaontrack.ca

MAN I really want to got to this,,, Thanks for extending the deadline B/C I'm not sure if I'll be away for training that weekend...
Looking forward to this, esp. with a better set of binders under me. Only thing that'll likely let me down now are the tires which aren't "extreme" performance tires (which is fine because they'll be aces if it happens to rain that weekend :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 7 2007, 11:33 PM Wrote:Looking forward to this, esp. with a better set of binders under me.  Only thing that'll likely let me down now are the tires which aren't "extreme" performance tires (which is fine because they'll be aces if it happens to rain that weekend :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]243418[/snapback][/right]

You should be fine with normal tires. Sticking on the track is one thing. Being able to handle the car with what you got is another. I mean, look at all the Champ drivers who slid outta control even with rain tires :)

The On Track isn't just about the vehicle -- It's also about you becoming a BETTER driver. And to be honest, I think it saved my life on the 401 a few years ago.
GapBoyPCS,Jul 11 2007, 06:58 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 7 2007, 11:33 PM Wrote:Looking forward to this, esp. with a better set of binders under me.  Only thing that'll likely let me down now are the tires which aren't "extreme" performance tires (which is fine because they'll be aces if it happens to rain that weekend :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]243418[/snapback][/right]

You should be fine with normal tires. Sticking on the track is one thing. Being able to handle the car with what you got is another. I mean, look at all the Champ drivers who slid outta control even with rain tires :)

The On Track isn't just about the vehicle -- It's also about you becoming a BETTER driver. And to be honest, I think it saved my life on the 401 a few years ago.
[right][snapback]243788[/snapback][/right]

Heh, the whole point is to make me a better driver than I am now and that means knowing both my car's capabilities and mine.

Besides, I last took drivers ed back in :ph34r: 1993 when I first got my license. I'd say I was about due for a refresher course ;)

God, I still remember that one night on the 401 when it went from rain to sleet to snow. I slowed down as I saw cars skidding around in the distance and the guy in the lane next to me tried to slow down, ended up skidding across two lanes, pinging off a guardrail and continuing on his merry way :blink: Had I not been looking ahead and slowing down with ABS assist he would have taken me out with him

NefCanuck
is $190 a good price for something like that? sounds a bit steap...at least for me
and is it all just going to be Fords?
NikiterZTS,Jul 11 2007, 10:03 PM Wrote:is $190 a good price for something like that?  sounds a bit steap...at least for me
and is it all just going to be Fords?
[right][snapback]243798[/snapback][/right]

Consider this for the $190:

- In-class instruction
- Tech inspection
- One-on-one driver/instructor education
- Helmet rentals available
- Track time for the weekend (we have the entire weekend)

I know there are other events out there that are not as much in cost. However, we've always had to cover costs like our instructors, track rental, insurance (of which many other events do not have), and track time. Driving schools like Ian Law's courses and BMW Driver Training are usually a bit more.

If you aren't sure, you can just check out our corral and see.

As for vehicles, it will not be all Fords. I know we have a few Mazdas, Hondas, etc. running in addition to the usual Cobras, Shelbys, Contours, and Foci. In the past, we've also had Corvettes, BMW's and Porsches come out for the heck of it.