FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bad Dpfe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what the symptoms of a bad DPFE are? I understand that it takes forever for the thing to throw a CEL. Emissions test this year, so no by-pass for me.
DPFERG sensor monitors the integrity and flow of the EGR system. The sensor usually fails when it get contaminated with water. Pull of the sensor and tap it against a hard surface and look for water.

If there is water just replace the sensor. Check with the local dealer, with you VIN there might be a recall for you car, if you aren't over milage or time. There is a modification to move the sensor with longer tube to help prevent the water from reaching the circuit board in the sensor.

Good luck :)
oh by the way it will activate the EGR valve and cause rough running at idle, & the check engine light will turn on.
In my case, the symptoms were stumbling/hesitation at all speeds, which got progressively worse over the course of a work week (Mon - Fri). On the way home from work on the Friday, the CEL finally came on.
Chugging poor gas milage and hesitation. It's scary for a bit. Unfortunately, you kinda have to drive it until it throws the CEL.

Part is about 60 bucks from the dealer.