FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I'll Be In Burlington August 6-12.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys/gals. Haven't been on here for a while, but I figured I would post up. I'm leaving here July10th to visit some family in Burlington and Orillia, and I will be leaving July 16th. Just wondering if anything is going on around then? Anyone meet up monthly/weekly somewhere?

This is the first time I will be taking my g/f up there. She has never even been out of the state, much less the country. So what are some places you guys suggest I should take her? I know we will hit up Niagra probably, and CN Tower. But anything else you guys suggest?
drew03zx3,Apr 12 2007, 12:44 AM Wrote:Hey guys/gals. Haven't been on here for a while, but I figured I would post up. I'm leaving here July10th to visit some family in Burlington and Orillia, and I will be leaving July 16th. Just wondering if anything is going on around then? Anyone meet up monthly/weekly somewhere?

This is the first time I will be taking my g/f up there. She has never even been out of the state, much less the country. So what are some places you guys suggest I should take her? I know we will hit up Niagra probably, and CN Tower. But anything else you guys suggest?
[right][snapback]234341[/snapback][/right]
Depending on the route you choose you could actually go right through Niagara Falls so that would be an easy visit to make ... then it's only 90 minutes to Toronto.

In terms of what to see ... man, there's literally thousands of things in Toronto and southern Ontario, depending on your tastes and your budget, indoor/outdoor, where you're actually staying ... there will undoubtedly be a number of g2gs or informal meets during that time, just keep checking back here.

You might want to start with a couple of websites ... Toronto tourism and Ontario Tourism - bear in mind that Ontario's a pretty big place and travel times can be long.

Have a great visit.

Vinyard land in Niagara is beautiful that time of year!
I'll be around and kickin, we should meet up for a beer one night with a few other FC'ers. I know Meford is always up 4 a beer ;)
^^ count me in
but
only if he brings me real KFC
Burnin21,Apr 12 2007, 10:23 AM Wrote:I'll be around and kickin, we should meet up for a beer one night with a few other FC'ers. I know Meford is always up 4 a beer ;)
[right][snapback]234395[/snapback][/right]
Always time for a beer............
Burnin21,Apr 12 2007, 03:23 PM Wrote:I'll be around and kickin, we should meet up for a beer one night with a few other FC'ers. I know Meford is always up 4 a beer ;)
[right][snapback]234395[/snapback][/right]
That sounds like a plan, lol. Ill keep you guys posted when I get there and stuff.
I'm can normally find time for a beer. Let me know the details and if i'm free from work i'll come out.
I can certainly pop in, keep me posted...

NefCanuck
Just wanted to update. Had to push my vacation back, so I wont be up until August 6th now, and I will be staying that whole week. So if anything is going on, or if anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I'd love to meet up with some of u guys
I just got back from toronto vacation if recommend , cn tower , canadas wonderland and if its not to hot the toronto zoo . oh and eat at Wayne gretzkys .

Im doing mods like crazy to make an appearance next summers meet lol . There better be lots of boo's and a good time to travel 20 hours lol
drew03zx3,Jul 7 2007, 01:21 AM Wrote:Just wanted to update. Had to push my vacation back, so I wont be up until August 6th now, and I will be staying that whole week. So if anything is going on, or if anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I'd love to meet up with some of u guys
[right][snapback]243351[/snapback][/right]

The biggest meet of the year if you are still here on Aug 11th:

Focus Canada Annual BBQ Aug 11 in Burlington
dBlast,Jul 7 2007, 02:45 PM Wrote:
drew03zx3,Jul 7 2007, 01:21 AM Wrote:Just wanted to update. Had to push my vacation back, so I wont be up until August 6th now, and I will be staying that whole week. So if anything is going on, or if anyone wants to meet up, let me know. I'd love to meet up with some of u guys

[right][snapback]243378[/snapback][/right]
This is awsome. I will be leaving that sunday so I can definately make it!
drew03zx3,Jul 7 2007, 08:08 PM Wrote:
dBlast,Jul 7 2007, 02:45 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]243378[/snapback][/right]
This is awsome. I will be leaving that sunday so I can definately make it!
[right][snapback]243406[/snapback][/right]
It's also my birthday. Bring me a present. :P
meford4u,Jul 8 2007, 12:12 AM Wrote:It's also my birthday.  Bring me a present. :P
How about some real KFC? lol.

Seriously though, I'm going to bring you something from Kentucky.
drew03zx3,Jul 8 2007, 12:08 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jul 8 2007, 12:12 AM Wrote:It's also my birthday.  Bring me a present. :P
How about some real KFC? lol.

Seriously though, I'm going to bring you something from Kentucky.
[right][snapback]243429[/snapback][/right]
Your my new best friend.

i should take you to Nikki's :o
If your going to the CN Tower make sure you do it in the evening before sunset as they just did this massive reno on the lights there, plus there is the ROM, and Ontario Science Centre is always fun.
Frost__2001,Jul 10 2007, 12:47 PM Wrote:If your going to the CN Tower make sure you do it in the evening before sunset as they just did this massive reno on the lights there, plus there is the ROM, and Ontario Science Centre is always fun.
[right][snapback]243578[/snapback][/right]
I appreciate it. Ill probably spend about 2 days in Toronto, just being a tourist, lol. So if you see two goofy rednecks walking around, say hello.
Well, I will be leaving tonite. I can't wait for the BBQ.
drew03zx3,Aug 5 2007, 08:54 PM Wrote:Well, I will be leaving tonite. I can't wait for the BBQ.
[right][snapback]245801[/snapback][/right]

See you when you get here Andrew!!!!!
Pages: 1 2