FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Moving To Toronto.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SOme may know me, focusonfocus(focaljet), konafocuswrc(focusbc), focusonme(focusfanatics), I am in Vancouver, BC right now..
And I m moving to Toronto, Thornhill area arouund Mid-June..

checked OFOC but couldn;t find a forum, do I need to register to see a forum??
or there is no such thing??
Moving to Toronto? Pour you :(

I think everybody that is part of OFOC is here, so welcome aboard!
Yes most of the main contributors on this site are from the Toronto area. Gald to see the you are moving to T.O. There are plenty of meets around here in the summer months and I hope to see you at some.

Why are you making the big move?
well, i studied car deisgn in the states, but it is hard to get hired by company; ford, gm, whatever..

but my goal is to have my own garage/shop, so i can design and sell bodykitsparts with my brand name, something like that..anything custom/fabricating stuff..
I've learned how to do fiberglass, 2 part molding, painting, etc.. from the design school,.

Just wanted to take further study, and I found the place in toronto teach doing fabrication stuff, so I am taking that course..that is why I am moving to Toronto.
you'll like the GTA, but there are a tonn of f***tards round here that don't get the message of street racing is Illegal in that area of the GTA, not to mention woodbridge is ful of cops that will dick you around for having a modded car.
well, modded car..depends on what i did to my car..nothing is illegal on my ride..
I used to live where police station is around and talked lots of them while i was on the road and no cops said anything about modded thing..

by the way, where is woodbridge?? center of Toronto??
konafocuswrc,Apr 14 2007, 06:19 PM Wrote:by the way, where is woodbridge?? center of Toronto??
[right][snapback]234735[/snapback][/right]
centre of Italinville, north end of Toronto.
That's Italianville and the only name that isn't Handicapped Parking worthy :P :ph34r:

Of course it's also Copsville right now thanks to the brain dead asshats who try to recreate the Fast & The Furious there <_<

NefCanuck
I have the same problem with the MP's here...if I drive the stang in the evening, the 35% tint looks darker than it is, and I have them tail me, or they will take different routes through the neighbourhood to meet up with me at different intersections to get a look at me and/or the car...it's as if they don't like people that AREN'T them having a nice car...
^^^oh really..
your avatar, you got a nice stang there..
got some larger pics??
With a car as nice as yours, driving in Woodbridge will be an... *ahem* education. Doubly so from the ricer crowd who think that APC means Amazing Products Company.
no offence but i thought APC stands for..A$$ Produced Crap.
anyway, some are not bad but mostly, no..
I did the move from Vancouver to Hamilton to go to school...ended up staying. If I could I would move back now!
Flofocus,Apr 12 2007, 02:58 AM Wrote:Moving to Toronto? Pour you :(
[right][snapback]234326[/snapback][/right]

dude i was thinking of moving back to toronto too.. i was on craigslist a few minutes ago... i saw a new loft apt downtown for CDN $240k

http://toronto.craigslist.org/rfs/350838371.html

ridiculous. real estate is such a steal in toronto how could it be so bad up there?

i have lived NYC area, i am in downtown SF right now.. i still have a soft spot for toronto. tons of good food, clean.. and did i mention stupid cheap housing?!

if it didnt freeze for half the yr and income tax is like.. 50% i would so be there... but then again.. if those two things changed.. everyone would be there and real estate wouldn't be so cheap anymore ha :(
240K for a loft is pricey for me.
We have a 170K house with 1 acre lot.
Fresh air, nice neighboors...
To each their own taste.
but, the same house as mine in the city is about 300K, so I'll stay in the rural sub for now.
Have fun in T.O. It's a great city, always something to do.