FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Odd Problems With The Car...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess to start I'm driving a 2002 ZX3. In the winter time it sounded like my car had a wierd grindy noise in the engine bay, but I didn't have enough money to go for a checkup. The noise is gone now, so its either a good thing, or a really really bad thing. Either way the engine light is on. So I need to get it checked out just in case.

Today on the way to work I had an odd occurance that has never happend before to my car. As I'm driving through a school zone in 3rd so I'm going fairly slow, it seemed as if my car lost gear, slowed down, and then engaged again. It felt very similar to a bad gear shift and a little jerk of the car in speed (slowdown to speedup). This happened twice on the way to work while I was in third gear. Does anyone know what this could be? I've never heard of this, nor has it happend berfore.

The only thing I can think of is that we had a light snow last night (Regina, SK) and the roads were a bit slick. It could have caught a little ice patch and thats what made the car jerk when it hit clear pavement again. However that can't be right because it was a lowering of power, not a speed up jerk due to ice.... I'm confused...

Regardless I need to have it checked out, but I cannot afford it until next month :(
How much gas did you have in the car?
I had a similiar occurence and it was the world famous fuel pump issue.
Whenever I was below 1/4 tank it would feel like the engine would cut out.
If it is, there might be an extended warranty on it...
Alec Brandon,Apr 10 2007, 05:19 PM Wrote:How much gas did you have in the car?
I had a similiar occurence and it was the world famous fuel pump issue.
Whenever I was below 1/4 tank it would feel like the engine would cut out.
If it is, there might be an extended warranty on it...
[right][snapback]234092[/snapback][/right]

Interesting you mention that. My car is just about on empty. It could be that and I was thinking about it but dismissed it because I'm still above empty by a little. If that is the problem, I've never had that happen before, but easilly fixable!
fuel pump recall...dpfe..

Do you know anybody with a code reader?