FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Retiring The Firehawk Gta 02
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm going to finally take the plunge in purchasing a set of the 4 new tires.
I've been a cheapo for awhile holding of on tires, since I had to repair many other things on this vehicle.

I ran Hakka 1's in the winters so I guess you can say I was able to stretch the life of my OEM tires for almost 5 years (come this October)

Ive got a 2002 ZX5 with 150,000Kms...and Im planning to run her to the ground.
I do 100kms a day on the crazy 401...dont need performance really

I'm thinking of getting the Fuzion ZRi's or the Kumho Ecsta ASX.

Any advice and where I might be able to get a good deal on would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Jaigon,Apr 10 2007, 12:31 PM Wrote:.dont need performance really

I'm thinking of getting the Fuzion ZRi's or the Kumho Ecsta ASX.
[right][snapback]234087[/snapback][/right]
I find these two statements a little confusing because both tires listed are considered Ultra-high performance IIRC ... but in any event, if you really don't need ultra high performance, I can heartily recommend the Falken ZE 512 - for me an excellent compromise of performance, quiet, wet and dry traction ... the best price I found local to me was at Bramalea Tire in Brampton ... mine are 215/45R17.

for example, installed and balanced prices:

195/60R15 88H Model:ZE512 85.00
195/50R15 82H Model:ZE512 95.00
195/55R15 85V Model:ZE512 119.00
205/60R16 92H Model:ZE512 109.00
205/55R16 91V Model:ZE512 127.00
Falken 512's all the way
I got Falken Azenis RT-615's size 215/45/ZR16..... they are sweet!
Thanks all,

I'll try the Falcons out this weekend.

I guess I should get an alignment done too?

Active Green and Ross gives half price on alignments if you buy tires from them and they price match.

Jaigon,Apr 11 2007, 12:27 AM Wrote:Thanks all,

I'll try the Falcons out this weekend.

I guess I should get an alignment done too?

Active Green and Ross gives half price on alignments if you buy tires from them and they price match.
[right][snapback]234156[/snapback][/right]

oops I meant the Falkens...not Falcons
I just put General Exclaim UHP on my summer 17's. I haven't really had much chance to try to them to any extend, we got snow just a few days after i put them on, but they've been pretty good in the cold and light snow so far. And the price was pretty good too. $600 for all 4 tires, installed and balanced.
habmann,Apr 11 2007, 12:52 AM Wrote:I just put General Exclaim UHP on my summer 17's. I haven't really had much chance to try to them to any extend, we got snow just a few days after i put them on, but they've been pretty good in the cold and light snow so far. And the price was pretty good too. $600 for all 4 tires, installed and balanced.
[right][snapback]234161[/snapback][/right]

Hmmmm...looks like a nice tire....
Jaigon,Apr 10 2007, 08:08 PM Wrote:
habmann,Apr 11 2007, 12:52 AM Wrote:I just put General Exclaim UHP on my summer 17's. I haven't really had much chance to try to them to any extend, we got snow just a few days after i put them on, but they've been pretty good in the cold and light snow so far. And the price was pretty good too. $600 for all 4 tires, installed and balanced.
[right][snapback]234161[/snapback][/right]

Hmmmm...looks like a nice tire....
[right][snapback]234163[/snapback][/right]

Ya it has a really nice look. The little time i've had on dry warm roads with it, its been pretty good.
I have a set of Fuzion ZRi's and I couldn't be happier with them. For the price they are an excelent tire.
When I bought my winter tires at Green and Ross, I talked to one of the "advisors" about the Fuzions and Falkens. This advisor said that the Falken's were a better tire, and cheaper than the Fuzions