FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Apple Fan Or Not...this Is Impressive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
impressive. but its interesting how mac went from leader in the pc world to rock bottom and the ipod and now other accessories saved them from biting the dust.
The iPod was the best thing to happen to your beloved industry.

It forced companies to innovate.
Apple, to my mind, has always been about innovation, sometimes it works (See iPod) and sometimes it doesn't (See Newton)

Apple has always done better when they've developed simple to use products and supported them effectively. As good as the iPod is, I don't think it would be half as good as if iTunes wasn't around to support it. Much like the Mac hardware isn't impressive, but the Mac OSX is certainly innovative.

NefCanuck
Spinal,Apr 10 2007, 09:48 AM Wrote:impressive. but its interesting how mac went from leader in the pc world to rock bottom and the ipod and now other accessories saved them from biting the dust.
[right][snapback]234059[/snapback][/right]

Most of Apple's problems could be attributed to Scully taking over and Job's being booted.

Over Scully's reign, Apple lost a lot of focus in their products... luckily they found a niche that supported them until a time came when they could introduce a compelling product.

And the iPod wasn't so much a technological breakthrough as i was a social one... and they wouldn't have gotten anywhere with that either if they hadn't unbound the machine from the mac (1st smart move they ever made).

I still find it surprising, that despite it's limitations and problems, the iPod became so popular... it's proof that good marketing can really elevate a product.
darkpuppet,Apr 10 2007, 01:44 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]234059[/snapback][/right]

And the iPod wasn't so much a technological breakthrough as i was a social one... and they wouldn't have gotten anywhere with that either if they hadn't unbound the machine from the mac (1st smart move they ever made).
[right][snapback]234099[/snapback][/right]

DING DING DING!
AnthonyD, I'll let you try a pre-release iPhone before it comes available, so when your ready to buy, you know who to talk to... :)
^^^ Oh man. I'd like to just bring one onto the office for the day.

I can't afford a toy like that!
A part of me really wants one... but I may wait and see how robust these things are. I break cellphones too easily.
Would this "iPhone" be compatable with any of the iPod H/W out there already on the market? (Speakers, iTrip, etc.) :unsure: because if it was, it would sure be an enticement to think about Rogers when my cell contract is up in Oct.

NefCanuck