FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: F1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
McLaren wins Malaysia, come in 1st and 2nd.
Alonso leading the championship after two races.
yeah i watched it on Sunday morning. I guess MB is getting there and funny how all this time Rakinan complained about the reliability of MB meanwhile Alonso had no problems :), more power to the kid.

BUT what about Hamilton, damm this kid is on fire. First race he came 3rd and this time he came second, ohh yeah and that was his second F1 race ever!!! what’s next for him? I wonder if team orders are set for them?
mo_focus,Apr 9 2007, 11:43 AM Wrote:yeah i watched it on Sunday morning. I guess MB is getting there and funny how all this time Rakinan complained about the reliability of MB meanwhile Alonso had no problems :), more power to the kid.

BUT what about Hamilton, damm this kid is on fire. First race he came 3rd and this time he came second, ohh yeah and that was his second F1 race ever!!! what’s next for him? I wonder if team orders are set for them?
[right][snapback]233935[/snapback][/right]
We must note that Raikkonen? was nursing an apparently wounded Ferrari, with a leaky engine. Maybe the Ferrari boys leaned on him to not break the engine, or else........
I think that wether Alonso wins, or Raikkonen?, Hamilton will be the story of the year. The way he screwed up Massa was beautiful.
I wanted to watch it but my satellite system went on the fritz and I was too tired to fix it, Kimmi supposedly had a bad engine so instead of pulling all the revs out of it they took what they could and left it at that. As for Hamilton the kid is on fire so much so that the constant roar from the British media that use to tout Jenson Button as the next British F1 champion has been dulled to a low whisper. Alonso is not exactly the fastest driver in F1 right now but his lap times are very consistent almost machine like and with a reliable car underneath him he should challenge for the F1 championship this season, if Alonso wins this year he will be the 2nd driver in F1 history to win back to back championships with 2 teams, Fangio did it in 55 with Mercedes, 56 with Lancia/Ferrari and 57 with Maserati.

Laterz :)
i missed the GP cause I had to work but did see some of the highlight of the race. Lewis Hamilton is the next great F1 driver, this guy seriously has some talent, and he's the same age as me.
BMW is a sleeper and Kubica will own........
D-Dub,Apr 9 2007, 05: Wrote:BMW is a sleeper and Kubica will own........
[right][snapback]233998[/snapback][/right]
That's right, BMW is a sleeper, like Toyota and Honda. Kubica, I like.
D-Dub,Apr 9 2007, 04: Wrote:BMW is a sleeper and Kubica will own........
[right][snapback]233998[/snapback][/right]

Kubica is an impressive driver and with luck and a proper car he will be world champion, but BMW needs to do allot of R&D to get there cars up to speed they have all the tech but they need there staff to gain experience and not just throw money at the problem because up to now that methodology hasn't worked for Honda or Toyota. One perfect example of experience vs money is Williams and Toyota, Williams is using a customer Toyota engine this year and is on a much smaller budget than Toyota but to Williams credit they are only one point behind Toyota.

Laterz :)