FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rattle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My 7 year old Focus has had that little noise since it was new. Irritating since I think sometimes I am driving a tractor but...
I have the same noise. Its seems most SVT owners have this noise. I have posted my own concerns on this issue as well. As most people know there is a TSB on this issue as well. From my own research it seems that the noise will not go away even if you get a new clutch or go after market. My clutch seems very strong at 100000km so if have just learned to live with it. A new clutch with all updated parts is $1500.00 quoted by a SVT dealer in London, Ontario. Their labour price is $78.00 am hour. At that price I can live with the noise for now until the clutch really starts to give trouble. If you use the search in this forum you will find more info on this topic.
Mason,Apr 12 2007, 12:15 PM Wrote:Well the answer is in.
I needs a flush and fill. they think I might be slighty low on tranny fluid.
This would explain why its a little sticky going in and outa gear when its cold to.

Booked for a flush.
[right][snapback]234405[/snapback][/right]

I just had my tranny flushed and filled. I still have the gear rollover noise. I think you'll be wasting your money.

Car comes equiped with anti noise system called a R.A.D.I.O turn volume knob up to activate.

Pages: 1 2