FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Polyurethane Bushings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought the Energy Suspension Polyurethane components kit from my brother-in-law who bought it from Steeda for 250.00. He sold it to me for 100.00.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this kit and how hard it is to install.

It includes:

Front control arm bushing set
Front sway bar bushing set
Rear trailing arm bushing set
Rear bump stop bushing set
Rear coil spring isolator set
Rear sway bar bushing set

I’d like to get these put on by a mechanic. Can someone tell me about what I should expect to pay?

Thanks,

Shawn Bailey
WOW 27 views and no one! Well I'll let you all know how much it costs me to do the install and what the effects are.

Shawn Bailey
If your paying for the entire install? Expect a quote close to 1K if you want to install the WHOLE kit.

Lots of people have 1/3rd of the kit installed just because its difficult to install. I got a kit really cheap also, I plan on installing the whole thing myself. Not that its complicated just time consuming. Thats why a mechanic will charge you allot to install all of the poly bushings.

PS if anybody wants these pieces I don't need them due to the coilovers.. Good for someone installing new springs...
I wouldnt get a mech to install these....OR, try and install the easy ones yourself. The sway bar bushings should be fairly easy, bump stops, same...

yeah harkore is right, expect them to charge you ALOT.
hardk0re,Apr 9 2007, 06:16 AM Wrote:If your paying for the entire install?  Expect a quote close to 1K if you want to install the WHOLE kit.

Lots of people have 1/3rd of the kit installed just because its difficult to install.  I got a kit really cheap also, I plan on installing the whole thing myself.  Not that its complicated just time consuming.  Thats why a mechanic will charge you allot to install all of the poly bushings.

PS if anybody wants these pieces I don't need them due to the coilovers.. Good for someone installing new springs...
[right][snapback]233871[/snapback][/right]

PM sent.
It's no a technically difficult task to install bushings, just time consuming. I'd give youself 2-3 hours at a time and work on 1 set only.

I've done bushings on my Nissan and still in the process of installing them. I doubt I'll install them on my Focus.

The only annoying part is having to grind out the rubber bushings that tend to stick... Well, this only applies to older cars with worn out rubber bushings. I use a file or sanding bit to wear down the excess material, do not grind into the metal.
I can only tell you want I have done.

Rear trailing arm bushing set - PITA,
Very likely the bolt if seized and you have to cut it.
If your energy bushing have the metal slave it easier, just cut the dam thing, if it is without metal sleve you have to curn the fvcking thing out and clean the OEM sleve.
The best way to do it is to find a pair of arm, pre install it and swarp it. If you need it I have a pair for sell, PM for detail.

Rear bump stop bushing set - easy,
Rear coil spring isolator set - easy,
Rear sway bar bushing set - easy, except the the bolt that mount to the subfame.

Yep, some of the install is hard. I got some on the way right now and I'm not looking forward to the install.