FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mitsubishi Lancer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The GTS is an awesome car for the money. Also, I read that the redisign of the cars front end means....The EVO is coming to Canada by 2010. The GTS actually has a nicer interior and more options than the current EVO in the states, has a lot of similar parts on it (parts of the drivetrain and chasis are from the current EVO), etc. I think that it's a nicer car than the 08+ Focus, but I haven't seen either of them in the Flesh yet.

Now, with all that stuff already said, I would opt to find a low km's SVTF instead of buying the Mitsu. Get the same, if not better car, for less money, and has already done it's large depreciation too.

Let us know what happens...
Focus ST in my humble opinion.
zx5power,Apr 13 2007, 08:07 PM Wrote:Wooped a 05 , 06 lancer non evo night before last , aint got nothen on the duratec.
[right][snapback]234646[/snapback][/right]

depends which one you raced, one there is the es, and the ralliart, two different engines. if it was in canada ofcourse it was a non evo
not sure which but i took him , couldnt get passed my rear door from a roll .. and his was a 5 speed versus a auto . stock to stock
zx5power,Apr 14 2007, 05:36 PM Wrote:not sure which but i took him , couldnt get passed my rear door from a roll .. and his was a 5 speed versus a auto . stock to stock
[right][snapback]234724[/snapback][/right]
Always have to remember its not the car you beat but the driver when they are close matched cars.
comparison
could be that but if my stock auto 2.o L pulls on a stock 5 speed lancer id stick to the duratec
zx5power,Apr 14 2007, 05:52 PM Wrote:could be that but if my stock auto 2.o L pulls on a stock 5 speed lancer id stick to the duratec
[right][snapback]234726[/snapback][/right]

If you took it with a 2.0L auto focus then it was the 2.0L lancer with a 2.0L 120Hp motor. and not the ralliart. Or he wasn't racing.
he was racing and I think if he had 120 i would have ate him ...
zx5power,Apr 14 2007, 05:59 PM Wrote:he was racing and I think if he had 120 i would have ate him ...
[right][snapback]234729[/snapback][/right]
and since you did beat him thats what he had. :rolleyes:
I think if he only had 120 hp I would have got more than my rear door on him.
zx5power,Apr 14 2007, 06:02 PM Wrote:I think if he only had 120 hp I would have got more than my rear door on him.
[right][snapback]234731[/snapback][/right]

probably not what are the specs on your car.
cause a ralliart by the link I posted for you, by motortrend is .3 sec faster 1/4 mile then an ST 2.3L focus. Don't matter though, I have both cars and know the difference
this was from a roll im not sure which it was but either way it got beat.
personally i wouldn't bother with a non turbo lancer (or a non turbo impreza for that matter) esp if you have the modding bug...

and i KNOW this is not the popular choice on this board.. but I would look into a v6 family sedan.. any of them have a ton of power these days (c'mon guys admit it.. a new v6 camry would absolutely destroy a focus in drag racing unless the focus has FI or some ridic NA engine work) and i bet you can get a nice deal if you can find a leftover from last model year with an unpopular combo.. like v6 but no leather...

EDIT: i read the post above about a stock auto 2.0L focus beating the lancer.. wow.. i will change my post to ABSOLUTELY avoid the lancer. i didnt know they were that slow.
Stock lancer = [Image: wood.jpg]
Pages: 1 2