FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Grindhouse Movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
went to see it last night and thought it was 2 funny/weird movies
not your regular hollywood movie for sure
personaly i liked the first "Planet of terror" better then "Death Proof"

anybody else seen it?

[Image: Grindhouse-Poster-2.jpg]
I cannot wait to go see them. I am a Tarantino fan for sure.

From Dusk Till Dawn is one of my favorites.
Every time someone in hollywood is trying to be innovative I make an effort to see there movie. Lately its just been Tarantino and Frank Miller, but I think the trend will catch on.

Im going to see Grindhouse today actually....
I heard nothing but bad reviews of both films.

personally I make it a habbit of not seeing Quintin Tarantino's movies. and there is nothing innovative about this type of movie style, as it came out back in the early 1970 and lasted till about 1976, these type of movies are now called or classified as "B" rated films.
I think people need to actually SEE the movie before making judgments on both films.

IMO, start to finish, for all 2.5-3 hours, I loved it. I thought Planet Terror was a typical 70's style horror flick with over the top new style flair that really made it hilarious to watch. It wasn't scary, it wasn't anything but action packed and hilarious. There are a lot of, like I said, typical parts to it - very cliche lines, very cliche actions, and a very cliche plot. That being said, it acts like a '70's style flick, how every turn is predictable.

However, it was f***ing wicked. Lots of gore, lots of shooting, it's the kind've movie you watch and you go "oh god.. the girl has a rifle on her leg..and is shooting people with it..Oh..God..that is so lame.." but at the same time, when you see it, you go "..actually that's really cool" and you just laugh a lot. Rodriguez ended Planet Terror well I thought, it didn't leave me asking "..but what happened to....." or anything, but the end scene made me burst out laughing, and muttering "awesome..that's so awesome.."

Death Proof however..

Shocked the hell out of me, I had NO idea what it was about when I started watching it, from the trailer, when Kurt Russell says "This car is 100% death proof, only to get the benefit of it honey, you really need to be sitting in my seat!" I thought it was going to be just a bunch of really cool car chasing, crashing, action packed awesomeness.. I had no idea what Kurt Russell's character was /actually/ like.

My girlfriend LOVED the end of Death Proof, and near every girl I can think of, would also love it. Up to the last 20 minutes of it, though, she was wiggling in her seat cus it was scaring her.. (I laughed a lot, but apparently I'm sick) I also think the ending was pretty cool.. It was the kind've ending that was like.. the only way you could /actually/ end that kind've movie.. Tied everything together perfectly, you left feeling fulfilled that your 7.50 was spent well, and you got plenty of wicked surprises and additions during the entire movie.

I can't wait for Machete, I hope SO much that they actually make it.. Apparently it's in production.. You'll see what I'm talking about when you watch it =).

After both movies, near-the entire audience applauded. During the intermission and again at the end. Half the theater also stayed to watch the credits, in hopes there would be some other cool surprise... there isn't.. Thought I'd just save 10 minutes of your time should you decide to stay put.

Go see it. Seriously. It's super cool.. Every movie that's come out recently that has had crazy hype, like Borat, Jackass 2, etc etc.. I felt really ripped off.. but Grindhouse is now my favorite movie I've ever had the pleasure of watching.

If you enjoyed Sin City, 300, Pulp Fiction, Original Gone in 60 Seconds (Simply for the chase scene), you'll enjoy both movies..

Frost__2001,Apr 7 2007, 10:55 PM Wrote:I heard nothing but bad reviews of both films.

personally I make it a habbit of not seeing Quintin Tarantino's movies. and there is nothing innovative about this type of movie style, as it came out back in the early 1970 and lasted till about 1976, these type of movies are now called or classified as "B" rated films.
[right][snapback]233742[/snapback][/right]

yea stop hating you hater and go see the movie :lol:
Its innovative because he blends 1970 style films that were pretty much b class films with our modern times and pulls it off.

The 2 movies were good and very entertaining, its just good to see something wacked out and different from time to time.

You can hate all you want, but Tarantino is a very very good director/script writer/producer/actor. Just look at his repertoire of movies, more then half of them iconic mega blockbuster movies.

Hes just like a Ferrari ......Just when you think they cant get any better they do.
NikiterZTS,Apr 8 2007, 02:23 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Apr 7 2007, 10:55 PM Wrote:I heard nothing but bad reviews of both films.

yea stop hating you hater and go see the movie :lol:
[right][snapback]233802[/snapback][/right]

where in my post did I say Hate?

I just don't like his films as they are really cheesy, and a bad one that comes to mind is kill bill volume 2.

If you guys really want to see a different type of movie from fantastic Director check out the Russian made Film " Night Watch " on Dvd, and soon to be released this year " Day Watch " the second film in the series.
seen both
nothing fantastic....
another cheezy russian movie :);)
Frost__2001,Apr 7 2007, 11:55 PM Wrote:I heard nothing but bad reviews of both films.

"B" rated films are awesome. I just finished watching Barbarella Queen of the Galaxy with Jane Fonda (Maybe this was worse than a "B" movie). It had like dog sledding manta rays, and nudity, and really horrible stupid lines, and cheesie effects, and little to no story, and Barbarella went around having sex with everyone and that would solve their problems. It was pure awesome on VHS.

I watched Zardoz with Sean Connery a while back, that wasn't anywhere near as awesome, but it did have an interesting concept I guess.

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is probably the newest "B" movie I've seen, and it was awesome too. They had badly synced musical segments, and Jesus was here to save the lesbians from the vampires. Horribly choreographed fight scenes... apparently they spent $100,000 on this movie, on drugs no doubt.

I will definately be seeing Grindhouse. Though I do have to say I wasn't a fan of Kill Bill really, parts of it were alright, I think I liked the first half better than the second.

Edit: How could I forget Snakes on a Plane. That's the newest "B" Movie I've seen.
I've seen a lot of really good and really bad movies, and I'd have to say that Grindhouse is probably the best movie ever to be made in the entire existence of movies.

Well actually that's about what I thought until the intermission.. Death Proof wasn't quite as good, Tarantino does his usual over-done dialogue scenes that sort of drag on.. but the stunts in the car chase sort of made up for it. Zoe Bell was pretty incredible on the hood of the car.. I just felt bad for those poor old Mopars, I wonder how many car collectors are crying over that one..