FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: First Pic Of Spring...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well, winter is over and back to.... WHAT THE HELL !!!
[Image: ouch1.jpg]
....it is getting fixed and painted as soon as I get the rest of my kaminari lip kit in so it can all be done at the same time. But my feelings are still hurt
also another bright note, my Steeda SRI and Ford Racing UDP/belt are on the way...
also soon to be on the way are 2.25 magnaflow cat-back, black 17 inch MSR 138 wheels and tires, Hella projectors (if i can get the cash in time) and KW cup kit... will post pics as progress is made..
Someone rip off your spoiler or something?
ex1z7,Apr 6 2007, 11:35 PM Wrote:Someone rip off your spoiler or something?
[right][snapback]233594[/snapback][/right]
you got me on that one..haha....no its just plain old rust spots.... huge ones
looks like my trunk lid round the 3rd brake light, and I fixed it last year too...
Wow.

Those spots are in a wierd place too?

What year is your car? maybe that can be covered by Ford no?
ANTHONYD,Apr 7 2007, 02:59 AM Wrote:Wow.

Those spots are in a wierd place too?

What year is your car? maybe that can be covered by Ford no?
[right][snapback]233629[/snapback][/right]
2001 and ford wont cover it
and i dont know if you can tell but if you look at the one on the right (smaller of the two) there is another part where the paint is starting to lift ight below it aboe the plastic trim peice
I bet I can guess how this happened. I see it occassionally in the paint booth.

If an inexperienced person is sanding dirt out of the prime and sands down to the metal, past the ecost, it needs to be reprimed before painting. Looks like it was never done. Even if the car is just clear coated as the primer and then basecoat clear coat again, that would be fine. But a single trip thru the spray booth will result in this.
I got those...not has bad..but I got some rust spots at the same place has you.
Symbiotix (p@t) had this probelm with is car, he also took it to the same bodyshop that I took my car to to get the liftgate painted at - Evins Ford in Toronto Ontario (near sherway gardens)
well luckily for me the ladies father owns a body shop so its not really a problem..but it still scks to know your car is rusting...
ford ended up covering my re-spray on my hatch trunk lid... even though the rust was a lot less than yours. did you check with them to see how long the warranty coverage is for rust?
paolo,Apr 11 2007, 12:32 AM Wrote:ford ended up covering my re-spray on my hatch trunk lid... even though the rust was a lot less than yours. did you check with them to see how long the warranty coverage is for rust?
[right][snapback]234157[/snapback][/right]
I tried brining it in but they said it was a 90$ diagnostic fee to determine whether or not it was rust that is covered..I guess there is different kinds...?..