FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Big Hp Build, Update May/09/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well finally decided to make some real hp, all my buddies have high hp builds so i decided that 8-10psi just isnt gunna be enough any more.

so here is the car

[Image: IMG_1015.jpg]

and here are the parts,

ill update as i get more parts.

04/06/07
[Image: IMG_1026-1_edited.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1028-1_edited.jpg]

May/09/07
[Image: DSC00080.jpg]
[Image: DSC00067.jpg]
[Image: DSC00074.jpg]
[Image: DSC00066.jpg]
[Image: DSC00065.jpg]
who is going to do the machine work? and balancing?
what are all parts that you're buying?
and hp are you looking to get?
Wow.

You gonna have that done by summer?

And your car..... Wow. Take it to Macco and slap some colour on that beast.!
add a bumper increase aerodynamics :P
hardk0re,Apr 6 2007, 07:13 PM Wrote:add a bumper increase aerodynamics :P
[right][snapback]233563[/snapback][/right]

lol, i actually put one on, but i still dont have a back one. :P

and i know a guy in hamilton that build race engines, so it should be a rock solid setup.

oh yea im shooting for 400+hp

i know it wont be easy, but well see. bit by bit ill have all the parts.

and i cant decide between supertech pistons, or Je, im leaning towards the supertech just because theyre 8.7:1 and massive said that they can take 400hp no problem.
I know you're going for the sleeper look, but a coat of paint won't destroy that look honestly.

On a positive note, good luck with the build.
What kind of numbers is "teh pumpkin" from [FJ] pushing? It's in and around the 400hp mark isn't it?
Save your money. Buy a house.

That would be good advice from your parents. Too bad they aren't telling you this.

At the very least, put your money aside for a rainey day. Your putting alot of $$$ into a car that is worth about $1500. Truly this is a waste of money.
meford4u,Apr 7 2007, 01:41 AM Wrote:Save your money.  Buy a house.

That would be good advice from your parents.  Too bad they aren't telling you this.

At the very least, put your money aside for a rainey day.  Your putting alot of $$$ into a car that is worth about $1500.  Truly this is a waste of money.
[right][snapback]233645[/snapback][/right]

I agree with that Meford4u!!!

But,

It's going to be a crazy fast car!!! Good Luck!
rainday, nahh

im not spending that much, the whole whole new setup will cost me about 2000$, nothin crazy.

i know the car is worth nothin. but not everyone has a turbo focus, and well very few people have one the have 400hp.

and my dad is supporting me 100%, if you remeber my vid he was the one doing burnouts, he loves s*** like this.
kamilk69,Apr 7 2007, 07:39 AM Wrote:rainday, nahh

im not spending that much, the whole whole new setup will cost me about 2000$, nothin crazy.

i know the car is worth nothin. but not everyone has a turbo focus, and well very few people have one the have 400hp.

and my dad is supporting me 100%, if you remeber my vid he was the one doing burnouts, he loves s*** like this.
[right][snapback]233655[/snapback][/right]

everytime i put something new on my car.....my paps tells me "Why don't you just get a sports car??"
ANTHONYD,Apr 6 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:What kind of numbers is "teh pumpkin" from [FJ] pushing? It's in and around the 400hp mark isn't it?
[right][snapback]233628[/snapback][/right]

i believe its up around 450hp right now
meford4u,Apr 7 2007, 12:41 AM Wrote:Save your money.  Buy a house.

That would be good advice from your parents.  Too bad they aren't telling you this.

At the very least, put your money aside for a rainey day.  Your putting alot of $$$ into a car that is worth about $1500.  Truly this is a waste of money.

remeber this you can't drive your house but you can sleep in your car :D
ZED_not_zee,Apr 7 2007, 02:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]233705[/snapback][/right]
remember this... your car is a depreciable asset and your house appreciates in value. Just ask my banker.
ur bankers never been in a turbo focus :P
meford4u,Apr 7 2007, 06:31 PM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Apr 7 2007, 02:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]233705[/snapback][/right]
remember this... your car is a depreciable asset and your house appreciates in value. Just ask my banker.
[right][snapback]233712[/snapback][/right]

Truer words were never spoken. A house can be extended upon, and a pool added for extra value. You can renovate the kitchen and add 30,000 to the asking price. Billet crank, forged rods and a boost controller get you mad props at the track, but nothing when you get home for the night and find that you should have bought a house. The car will last you another 2-3 years before you get bored / start needing bigger repairs. The house will have soldiered on comfortably since.
hmm, considering im only 19 years old, i could careless about a house right now.

i just wanna go fast. B)
Get a house when you get older have fun when your younger. If every body was saving money there would be only 1985 Ford Fiesta's out there. Down Payment for a cheap house is $15,000, thats alot of engine
NikiterZTS,Apr 7 2007, 12:34 PM Wrote:everytime i put something new on my car.....my paps tells "Why don't you just get a sports car??"
[right][snapback]233693[/snapback][/right]

My dad just rolls his eyes at me with every mod, whether it be appearance or performance... Of course the fact that his cars all look like someone threw them in a meat grinder can't be mentioned... that'd be bringing reality into the conversation :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2 3