FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What's Everyone Doing For Vacation This Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We're heading to Reno later this month for work (for a few days) and then taking another week after that for ourselves. We'll have a rental Focus and we're thinking of roadtripping to California amongst other places. Sara's got a whack of cool stuff planned for us to see.

I never really appreciated how cool it is that we work for the same company until now. Plus, it's her first time to our office in Reno, so I feel a lot better that she's going with someone who's been there 5 times already. :P

My bosses rock. My immediate supervisor (Asst. Mgr. of I.S.) actually comes to me and says "So I hear your wife is going to Reno to train the staff there on JDEdwards."

"Yup." (what do you say to that, really?)

"Want to go with her? You're due for your 6-month visit anyways." :D

We're also toying with a trip to BC this year to Sara's Mom in Surrey. Seeing as we won't be going to Florida now (that I'm aware of, anyways), it'd be nice.
Hanging out at some cottages and 11 days in florida.
Been on most of my vacation already. Hoping to go to Michigan for a golf getaway in July and we are going to Tucson Arizona in october for 7-10 days. Of course the annual boys weekend the July long weekend.

Other than that, I am just that busy getting the house ready for sale.
A former co-worker of mine from Hamilton Office is working the South China Sea and has an apartment paid for by the company (BP I think?) in some Mainland China city a short boat ride from HK, he's offered it to me n/c. All I would need is airfare.

I also have an open invite to Madrid, same idea. An old friend of mine, her Spanish hubby and two kids. They used to live in a place called Murcia in Adulusia and I went there before but Madrid is new to me and the bonus is that I wouldn't have to rent a car this time because it's well, Madrid.

Was to work in Quebec a couple weeks in May but there is labour woes at the dry-dock so it may end up my tug & barge dry dock at Port Weller or Hamilton, eliminating that travel.

There is a Sube meet near Boston in June I am considering.

I have a total of three camping trips booked: Algonquin with FC, Turkey Point with ex-Navy folk and one with family location TBD.

If by some miracle a travel partner falls into my passenger seat then it is WRX to California to do the Pacific Coast Highway bottom to top. Stopping at the Grand Canyon on the way to Cali.

Is that enough?

Or I may just sink the money back into the house instead.
Va-ca-tion? whats that?

Basically i'll have 2 weekends off for baseball tournys here in hamilton and thats prolly about it this summer. One of the downsides of being new in a company and working in a company that's busiest during the summer season.
i dont think i will be going anywhere this year. :(

i hav 3 weeks of vacation, but so far we havent planned anything. Maybe SD in the late summer.
Taking a few weeks off in May because I have to burn 'em or lose 'em, but no real plans for anything in summer proper :(

NefCanuck
(Times like this I really wish I didn't have such friggin' finicky eye meds <_< )
We used to use JDEdwards at Castrol until we upgraded to Axapta.
Let's see:

Week 1- Had March Break off with the kids.
Week 2- A week golfing in PA at the end of May
Week 3- Last week of June off to work on the house
Week 4- 7-day Western Carribean cruise (Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Mexico), 1st week of Dec
Week 5 and
Week 6- 2nd and 3rd weeks in December, planned ski trip in there somewhere depending on weather. So I pretty have the whole month of December off.
im gonna go to Cuba again this year.....all inclusive always sounds really good to me
I'm probably taking a roadie out to the east coast in the Focus with the bf. I've done it before but he's never been out east, so we'll do a car camping trip the whole way down. While we're there, I really want to get to Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland.

Random weekends at my cottage wakeboarding and kayaking

August is my big trip. Fly to Sao Paulo on the 7th, in Santos for about 6 days, then I have one and a half weeks to entertain myself in Brazil. I'm thinking of checking out Igassuau (sp?) falls, and I'll check out Rio, but it's all up in the air.
Suggestions?
Were thinking of a road trip to toronto or something unsure yet ..
ZX5chica,Apr 6 2007, 09:38 AM Wrote:I'm probably taking a roadie out to the east coast in the Focus with the bf. I've done it before but he's never been out east, so we'll do a car camping trip the whole way down. While we're there, I really want to get to Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland.

Random weekends at my cottage wakeboarding and kayaking

August is my big trip. Fly to Sao Paulo on the 7th, in Santos for about 6 days, then I have one and a half weeks to entertain myself in Brazil. I'm thinking of checking out Igassuau (sp?) falls, and I'll check out Rio, but it's all up in the air.
Suggestions?
[right][snapback]233526[/snapback][/right]

i did a trip like this not ones but twise....loved it...........from here(kitchener) all the way to P.E.I. and back
i love car trips :)
I'm possibloy shooting a spot in Buenos Aries...and we're working out weather or not the wife can come along.

Other than that.... nothing much.

The FC Camping trip is hardly a vacation..... I'm more tired from those 2 days than I am after a week of working. :lol:
already been posted, but I still am giong to jump out of a plane, parachute optional.....lol
You can add Phuket Thailand to my list of possibilities, I am having a "Facebook moment" with an old Navy friend of mine who is an airline pilot out of HK and has a villa in Thailand. That's two people I know in the Far East now and all the more reason to go.
will probably take a week off in the summer to build my shed and deck. Thats not really time off though. :lol:
Flofocus,Apr 7 2007, 08:08 AM Wrote:will probably take a week off in the summer to build my shed and deck.  Thats not really time off though.  :lol:
[right][snapback]233660[/snapback][/right]

If you need help, let us know. I have helped build and stain many a deck in my time :)
for me I'm not going on the camping trip as I'll be working then, but I have talked to my partner about going to Eastern Canada if that meet is a go in July / August, but if it is not, than it might be a road trip to Charlottown PEI, or a Train Trip to Vancouver.

Chica, one thing about Brazil I'll tell you about, Make sure when your on any beach there to always sit on a towel and never walk bare foot along the beach. there are parasites that will burrow into your feet or butt when you sit or walk on the sand. it's a little known thing to travelers there, so beware.
so far this summer

1 FC camping trip
2 wedding weekends
1 week vacay in TBay
1 white water rafting trip

and hopefully the occasional weekend at Canada's Wonderland...