FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Company, Computer Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im planing on going with Dell everything... But i need something that back-ups everything and is removable everynight.
Chromey,Apr 17 2010, 08:26 AM Wrote:Im planing on going with Dell everything... But i need something that back-ups everything and is removable everynight.
[right][snapback]305339[/snapback][/right]

How many computers are you talking? Are you backing up just desktops or mail servers, SQL servers, etc?
hardk0re,Apr 17 2010, 08:04 AM Wrote:
Chromey,Apr 17 2010, 08:26 AM Wrote:Im planing on going with Dell everything... But i need something that back-ups everything and is removable everynight.
[right][snapback]305339[/snapback][/right]

How many computers are you talking? Are you backing up just desktops or mail servers, SQL servers, etc?
[right][snapback]305341[/snapback][/right]
This Will be a Vet Clinic. So the way i see it, 3 Desktops(1 each exam room,1 @ the front desk)
2 Laptops(owners) And a Server.

Back-ups will be
Patient info
Client info
Work completed.
You may want to look at Windows Home Server, it will give complete backup of all pc's every night. As for removing each night you can add in a few usb drives and cycle through them for offsite storage.

WHS will keep the costs low for licensing, etc and be fairly easy implementation (10 computers or less).

If you want central backups, email, etc all in one server Small Business Server is another good option. Alltho not as easy to implement as WHS.

This unit here in the other thread:

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...ndpost&p=304812

runs WHS and does automated backups.
I'm with Hardk0re on this one.

I almost wish someone would pipe in with some sort of Linux advice so i could go on a rant...
darkpuppet,Apr 19 2010, 07:50 PM Wrote:I'm with Hardk0re on this one.

I almost wish someone would pipe in with some sort of Linux advice so i could go on a rant...
[right][snapback]305458[/snapback][/right]

I could, but I won't. :ph34r: