FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: If You Ever Need Marketing People.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
......find out who MINI Canada uses.

I was at a swank party thrown by them last night held at the Distillery District at this venue: http://www.fermentingcellar.ca/

The party was to show off the new generation MINI but there was no hard sell at all just top shelf staff, food, drink, artwork and people. It was called the MINI DNA party but I never got the "DNA" part till I got there. They must have put in tremendous amount of time/money/effort profiling the guests.

I know I have filled out surveys about car prefences for them at the test drives I have been to and certain things about income or lifestyle can be infered from from that but somehow they did much more. Everyone there in addition to being car enthusiasts was one or more of: wealthy, beautiful, interesting, urbane, sophisticated, a mover/shaker. Nice hardware in the parking lots for sure.

Really an interesting event and very effective targetting their marketing that way rather than using a shotgun blast of print/radio/TV and seeing what they happen to hit. I sort of liked the mini but always felt the pedals were too close, now I just think I need narrower shoes. That's how effective it all was and how very clever of them to make me "want" to be part of the "scene". I know I was being played but somehow didn't care. :lol: