FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Greetings Everyone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
new to the forum and the whole car world in general. i just picked myself up a 07 focus about a month ago now and i love it. i hope intro threads are allowed if not then mods please delete but i thought i'd say hello. and hopefully i'll see some of you around! heres a pic of my car, stock for now...
[Image: Picture1275Large.jpg]
sweet car
welcome
where are you from?
hm i thought i had that in my profile, gotta change that. i live in toronto beside downsview armory.
Welcome, nice choice on the GFX package, Love it!!

ya the GFX package is nice, i convinced my dad to let me get almost everything i could haha. the moonroof option was 1000 bucks! :blink: the only thing i don't like is that, with this "package" it should come with a few goodies. theres no rear stabilizer bar, no traction control (and its not even an option!) so now i gotta get it myself. on top of that they stopped making the mounting bracket thingy on the rear subframe so now i have to get a whole new one.

Yet the 4door model, and the wagon out of all things, come with all the goodies. what sort of nonsense is that.. :rolleyes: weird how it works, sporty package - comes with nothing. 4door hatchback with no sporty package, comes with the goodies.

i have the rear subframe (found it in a junkyard 150 bucks) so i ordered the SVT suspension kit, was that a wise idea? i also wanna stay ford because i'd like to keep warranty lol, especially since i have EVERYTHING covered for the next 5 years.
Nice car! And nice choice of colour!
If I could have found a ZX3 GFX in Ottawa when I bought mine, I would have... settled on the ZX5 instead.
im not so sure the svt package would work for 07 :o ...or am i wrong?
Welcome to the site. Nice car. One thing you should know, once you start modding its hard to stop. If you have any questions be sure to post them in the appropriate(sp) section. You will find a lot of helpful people on this site. We mostly all started with a stock car and built it to our own specifications. There are a lot of simple things you can start with to make your car your own. Most people have a link in there signatures that will take you to photos of their cars. There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. LOL!!!
:hi: to the site! Nice ride, is your ZX3 5spd or autotragic? And as Focus said, once you start you cant stop! I can vouch for that big time! :lol:
Love the Car!! nice gfx package!!

Flofocus,Apr 4 2007, 10:50 AM Wrote:Welcome, nice choice on the GFX package, Love it!!
[right][snapback]233172[/snapback][/right]

Maybe one of the mods who aren't asleep can put it in "from the street" area re:pics of your car. :P :)
thanks for the warm welcome guys and i knew i'd be in the wrong section lol thanks for moving it. and its good to know i'll be able to make use of this site lol.

i know its hard to stop once you start, and as for basic mods well..lol first thing i got was a magnetic drain plug for the oil and a chrome licence plate cover from crappy tire lol. grand total was 10 bucks ! so i couldn't pass it up.

as for the SVT suspension fitting, for a "bolt on" mod it doesn't fit. thats why i mentioned i had to order a new subframe so now i'm gonna have a spare one kicking around which is literally brand new haha. however once the new subframe is in, everything is just a matter of bolt-on. and yes its auto, standard is nice but where i live i don't feel like shifting all day lol, foot would get tired.

i also saw the dyno day may 12th, it'd be fun to attend but, i don't know lol. coming with a basically stock car, should i?
welcome to the site, one mod I'll suggest is getting the OEM door trim to help reduce the ammount of door dings you get.
you mean those mouldings that go along the side? they wanted like 400 bucks for all 4.
The SVT suspension kit will NOT fit the 06-07 Foci. I was unaware that the subframe swap fixes it, though. Please keep us informed! Other aftermarket manufacturers have made parts for the 06+ Foci anyways.

It's sad that Ford gave the ZX3s the downlevel suspension. That can be easily recitfied by ordering the missing ZX5 parts.

Have fun, mod smart, avoid the rice! Jeez, the Infrared GFX Foci here are outnumbering the non-GFX ones!

Also, stock 16" ZX5 rims will bolt right on if you want a fairly cheap and effective upgrade over the stock 15s. Same for the Focus ST rims if you like them. Whoops, Freudian coffee slip. :D

Welcome. Just learn to dodge the meatheads that rip on Foci here for no reason. We're not sure why they haven't left yet.
oh yeah...

Boost the bitch or dont bother modding. :P :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 4 2007, 01:38 PM Wrote:Also, stock 16" ZX5 rims will bolt right on if you want a fairly cheap and effective upgrade over the stock 15s. Same for the Focus ST tims if you like them.
haha actually my dad has a ZX5 so i negotiated with him to take his rims (since he doesn't care) and he can use the ones off my car lol. I plan to eventually get the SVT brake kit as well, when i do i'm gonna get the SVT rims since the stock ones are too small.

Flofocus,Apr 4 2007, 01:42 PM Wrote:oh yeah...
Boost the bitch or dont bother modding. :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]233211[/snapback][/right]
in a few years i'll get a supercharger, its just a lot of money.
do they even make S/C for duratechs? i think its only turbos.....for now
Spinal,Apr 4 2007, 01:24 PM Wrote:you mean those mouldings that go along the side? they wanted like 400 bucks for all 4.
[right][snapback]233205[/snapback][/right]

that's what E-bay is for lol
Nice car,

The ZX3/ZX5 really do look nice with the GFX package...

Ah the modding bug... Take it from someone who can't do his own mechanical work, there's a ton of stuff you can do (Or have done) that will quickly make your Focus yours ;))

Odd about the suspension though, I would think that they would have left the better suspension as an option in the ZX3 and deleted it from say the sedan :blink:

Welcome :)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Apr 4 2007, 02:37 PM Wrote:Odd about the suspension though, I would think that they would have left the better suspension as an option in the ZX3 and deleted it from say the sedan :blink:
[right][snapback]233232[/snapback][/right]

Odd? We drive Ford's. Same company that made great desicions like dropping the hatch and wagon for 08. Same company that made the focus ugly for 08. Same company that builds cars with mysterious noises with only 6000km on em...

:P

:lol: :lol:

Jokes!!

(Not really)
Pages: 1 2