FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Flashing And Dimming Ebrake Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have manual tranny and was wondering if anyone knew what the problem is if i have a spastic ebrake light its not a constant flash... anyone kno it tends to stop after about 80km/h or after bout 10 mins of driving...
girard.k,Apr 3 2007, 09:14 PM Wrote:i have manual tranny and was wondering if anyone knew what the problem is if i have a spastic ebrake light its not a constant flash... anyone kno it tends to stop after about 80km/h or after bout 10 mins of driving...
[right][snapback]233110[/snapback][/right]

Have your break cables checked. Get your self a brake inspection.
Check your brake fluid. I had the same problem with the light flashing and then going off, then staying on. Turns out the clutch master cylinder went and it was drawing fluid from the brake reservoir and leaking it inside the cabin. Check the toe of your floor mats for brake fluid, mine had a spot on it.

It was covered under extended warranty for my car so I only had to pay the deductible. The brake light on the dash will come on when the fluid is low.
guilty,Apr 3 2007, 08:54 PM Wrote:Check your brake fluid.  I had the same problem with the light flashing and then going off, then staying on.  Turns out the clutch master cylinder went and it was drawing fluid from the brake reservoir and leaking it inside the cabin.  Check the toe of your floor mats for brake fluid, mine had a spot on it.

It was covered under extended warranty for my car so I only had to pay the deductible.  The brake light on the dash will come on when the fluid is low.
[right][snapback]233118[/snapback][/right]

That makes a tonne of sense ill check it out!!
I had a bad wheel cylinder... and th fludi would get low wnough to trigger the sensor when I cornerd or used the clutch .... just another angle in case the aformentioned don't pan out

good luck

AL
ZED_not_zee,Apr 4 2007, 11:51 PM Wrote:I had a bad wheel cylinder... and th fludi would get low wnough to trigger the sensor when I cornerd or used the clutch .... just another angle in case the aformentioned don't pan out

good luck

AL
[right][snapback]233308[/snapback][/right]

what do you mean by wheel cylinder?
Wheel cylinder means wheel cylinder....
that happened to me once, good old ford wheel cylinder
girard.k,Apr 5 2007, 10:53 PM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Apr 4 2007, 11:51 PM Wrote:I had a bad wheel cylinder... and th fludi would get low wnough to trigger the sensor when I cornerd or used the clutch .... just another angle in case the aformentioned don't pan out

good luck

AL
[right][snapback]233308[/snapback][/right]

what do you mean by wheel cylinder?
[right][snapback]233504[/snapback][/right]

uh the wheel cylinder is the cylinder with a piston that pushe's out of bothe sides in between the shoes on your rear breaks to engage them
(if you have drums that is)