FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 100% Leather Shift And E-brake Boots!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I'd add my pic of my ebrake boot with grey stitching (Excuse the condition of the car, this was taken before the big cleanup inside :ph34r:)

Considering that the stock vinyl boot is held in place with about eight lethal looking metal staples and the boot was put on without 'em, it hasn't moved an inch since I got it installed a couple of weeks ago (that I can see anyways)

[Image: DSC00368.jpg]

NefCanuck
Those are nice!
Ya those are nice. Can't wait til i get my set, seems my list of projects for my car when the nice weather is here is growing rather large.
I just put my boots in yesterday and they look great. The fit was right on and the quality is awesome. I'll have to get some pics once my camera batteries are charged up.

And like the warning says, be careful with the ebrake boot ring, that thing is pretty flimsy. I ended up cracking mine but it was in a good spot where I could tape it up and complete the install with no problems.
guilty,Apr 29 2007, 01:21 PM Wrote:I just put my boots in yesterday and they look great.  The fit was right on and the quality is awesome.  I'll have to get some pics once my camera batteries are charged up.

And like the warning says, be careful with the ebrake boot ring, that thing is pretty flimsy.  I ended up cracking mine but it was in a good spot where I could tape it up and complete the install with no problems.
[right][snapback]236745[/snapback][/right]

I'm sorry to hear you cracked it. Did my instruction on how to pull it up help?
The Mailman 666,May 5 2007, 05:58 PM Wrote:I'm sorry to hear you cracked it. Did my instruction on how to pull it up help?
[right][snapback]237512[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's always helpful to see a picture of where the clips are located. I got it up and out no problem, I just got a little too rough getting the staples out. It was really no big deal since it was right at the front of the ring so I just had to wrap some tape around it to hold it together and it's good as new.

A friend of mine with an MK2 VW Golf saw them and now he wants some.
guilty,May 6 2007, 10:38 AM Wrote:
The Mailman 666,May 5 2007, 05:58 PM Wrote:I'm sorry to hear you cracked it. Did my instruction on how to pull it up help?
[right][snapback]237512[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's always helpful to see a picture of where the clips are located. I got it up and out no problem, I just got a little too rough getting the staples out. It was really no big deal since it was right at the front of the ring so I just had to wrap some tape around it to hold it together and it's good as new.

A friend of mine with an MK2 VW Golf saw them and now he wants some.
[right][snapback]237529[/snapback][/right]

You got any pictures?
Well I finally cleaned my car up a bit so I could take some pics of the boots installed.

[Image: boots1.jpg]

[Image: boots2.jpg]

[Image: boots3.jpg]
guilty,May 12 2007, 08:09 PM Wrote:Well I finally cleaned my car up a bit so I could take some pics of the boots installed.

[Image: boots1.jpg]

[Image: boots2.jpg]

[Image: boots3.jpg]
[right][snapback]238264[/snapback][/right]

They look great! Another satisfied customer. I would push the leather down that is on the front part of your e-brake though. But that's just my preference.

Shawn Bailey
Has soon as I get my short shifter in I'll order one.
WOW those are nice, are you still making them? Let me knoe please.
I noticed in the pictures you removed the stupid center console that sits over the ebrake handle..how did you do it? does it look good or does it look like something is missing? Dont wanna hijack the thread just kinda noticed it. I have a '05 SES Zx4.
Lightzz2k,Aug 24 2008, 05:22 PM Wrote:I noticed in the pictures you removed the stupid center console that sits over the ebrake handle..how did you do it? does it look good or does it look like something is missing? Dont wanna hijack the thread just kinda noticed it. I have a '05 SES Zx4.
[right][snapback]271005[/snapback][/right]

i believe some Focus's came with or without one

mine came with and i hate it .....and i have a 5 speed
ya i hate mine too and its a 5 speed
Pages: 1 2