FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Landing At Old Hong Kong Airport...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This video's probably from back in the days before the new airport was built at Hong Kong.

Airplane pilots and Flight simulator buffs know that old Hong Kong airport was one of the hardest airports to land at. You basically had to fly your plane straight towards a hillside, and then turn at the last minute to line up with the run way.

now here's a video from the cockpit of one plane landing there (video says it's a 747) click here for video.

and it's more scary with a very typical cross wind..
terrifying.
This approach into St.Barth's island in the french virgin islands id awful.

I did this a few years back.

vid

It's hard to tell, but you have to fly in between 2 mountains.
I am from HK and yes is super scary. The airport is super close to the city and the side wind is a major probem. It was really lucky that there were no crash or major problem with landing in the history of HK old airport...lol!
ANTHONYD,Apr 2 2007, 10:19 AM Wrote:This approach into St.Barth's island in the french virgin islands id awful.

I did this a few years back.

vid

It's hard to tell, but you have to fly in between 2 mountains.
[right][snapback]232881[/snapback][/right]
An alternate view here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1xL-OEAbcQ...related&search=

though with stupid music.
damn those are scary!

and from that one video, looks like they need to take their little plane in for a front-end alignment.. its pulling to the left :)

that looks about as fun as a root canal...