FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rich Bride Poor Bride
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I am not sure that anyone here is going to care much or not but Lindsey and I are going in for a casting call to be on Rich Bride, Poor Bride today. We had entered our names at one of the many wedding shows we attended and we made it thru their selection process. We are going to Buck Productions at noon today for an interview and screen test.

I think this is going to be fun. We are planning our wedding on the cheap so I think they are going to be interested in the way we are organizing our special day. I know that many of you wouldn't have seen the show before but basicly it shows couples going thru the planning processes of their weddings and how spending can get out of control. The show is on the Slice Network wich was formally called Life Network.

Our big day is Spetember 15th and is fast approaching. We are both very excited and this should be a lot of fun. Anyway I just thought I would make a post about this. Wish us luck.
As long as it's what you both want, go nuts. We actually competed for a lcoal radio contest that would have covered all of our wedding costs (and it was a decent amount of stuff... everything was taken care of), but when we did the final 10 and suffered through their "selection process"... we were never so glad that we didn't win.

I actually had one of the radio hosts tell me afterwards that they had indeed voted for us and had hoped we would win. After seeing the attitudes of some of the "judges", I was glad we didn't.

It was an education at the very least. Good luck!
take it from someone who's been on a 'reality show'.. it's not always worth the hassle.

but good luck regardless, hope it works out for you!
Oh man...Say it isn't so.

My wife and I watched that show for a year straight (jen still watches it)

We always laugh at the couples on there because the wife ALWAYS makes the hisband look like a tool.

Please don;t let your wife open her mouth!!!!
Good luck, hey at least you're competing to win something that you'll remember for the rest of your life in a good way ;)

Unless you happen to schedule the wedding in February and a snowstorm pops up :lol:

NefCanuck
We were interviewed as well by them but decided not to do it because the incentives there were offering just didn't make it worth it. Plus the one producer I met with was one of the most condescending people I had ever met.

Best of luck with it all though! I'm getting married October 6th.
Euro Ford Fan,Apr 4 2007, 11:15 AM Wrote:We were interviewed as well by them but decided not to do it because the incentives there were offering just didn't make it worth it.  Plus the one producer I met with was one of the most condescending people I had ever met.

Best of luck with it all though!  I'm getting married October 6th.
[right][snapback]233181[/snapback][/right]

Can't wait to crash it!!!
wow... good luck if you get on the show, I have heard it can add to the stress levels of your wedding day, not to mention the horror stories of ones wedding day.... but good luck non the less.