FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help, Quick !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know if I've got an out of jail card.
I got a speeding ticket recently.
I hadn't paid it yet but my 15 days has expired.
I received my Notice of Fine and Due Date.
HOWEVER, I just noticed that ontop of the 2 mistakes the officer corrected on the ticket he wrote "F" instead of "M" for my sex just after the licence info.
Can I fight this? Or am I screwed?

Thanks
If everything else is correct on the ticket, the doctrine of "substantial compliance" might kick in... IOW if everything else is right, they likely won't cancel the ticket... even if it is giving you a free sex change :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Contest it before the court. Cop probably wont show.
Not to mention you can take it to the court it states on the back and pay it there for what ever area you were ticketed in.
u were wearing that dress again weren't you? :)

but anyways i heard that now these lil mistakes don't count any more...but thats just what i heard

peeeaaaaace
sue the f***er for calling you a women and fight it :)

j/k you will most likely win, bc they are looking for a female speeder and you are a man. so fight it
Fight the power, BEEATCH.....
I tried to fight a ticket 10 years ago that was filled out incorrectly.

I received no sympathy from the devil.
Minor errors like that won't get the ticket thrown out, once got a ticket in my EXP when the cop wrote it down as a Mustang (which explains why I got a ticket for 21 over for doing 21 over Chica ;) ).

As long as they can show that it was you, within reason ie. your vehicle plate #, your drivers license #, you're screwed.

That said, you can (and if you have the time should) fight the ticket. 70% of the time they'll lower it down a bit just to get it settled out of court.
Doubt they'll let you off on that one.. its minor, other than the officer thinking you have an innie instead of an outie..

Down here if your record is clean, you've been a good boy/girl, act like you're truly sorry, and if the judge is in a good mood, they'll reduce it to some minor violations (brake light out, whatever - something that gives no points on your license), and send you to defensive driving school.

My last speeding ticket like 10 years ago was for 10mph over the limit.. got reduced to 2 minor violations (I think parking tickets), 6 hour driving class, and $100 in fines/fees. And no points on my license, which was the key.
j3rt,Apr 1 2007, 06:53 PM Wrote:I hadn't paid it yet but my 15 days has expired.
I received my Notice of Fine and Due Date.
[right][snapback]232805[/snapback][/right]
Just trying to remember. If you don't acknowledge your intent within the 15 days, are you not already found guilty by the court?
And then if you don't pay by the due date, the court can issue a warrant for your arrest?
Been a long time, knock on wood! ;)
Quote:Sorry Judge...how can this officer read the correct speed on his radar gun if he can't even determine a simple thing as the sex of a human being standing right in front of him
Fight it.

In MOST cases they'll have you pay the fine with no points. Ask if they can offer you that deal.

I've done this twice.
They care about the money not the bad drivers. They will take the money gladly if your willing to fork it over without any points.

j3rt,Apr 1 2007, 06:53 PM Wrote:I hadn't paid it yet but my 15 days has expired.
I received my Notice of Fine and Due Date.[right][snapback]232805[/snapback][/right]
Missed this part (was this an edit?).

If your 15 days to make known your intent to fight it has passed, you've already been convicted and you're screwed. Sorry.
They once misspelled my current address, didnt make a difference. only thing i had was a plea bargain.