FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlights Show Their Age
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My beloved Focus is 7 years old and the headlights are showing their age.
I don't want to dish out big bucks to replace them.

I have tried a couple of plastic polish products but they don't seem to do very much. I heard on Motorweek that a body shop with a high speed polisher and the right compounds can bring them back to new as long as the hazing is on the outside of the lens.

Has anyone had any luck doing this?
My dad and I have been using Novus, and also Maguiars Plastx to clean and fix plastic headlights for a while. My dad's 93 Topaz's headlights were in bad shape, but after using about 12 coats of either of those products I mentioned, applied by hand, seemed to put his lenses back to clear and smooth again (they were badly yellowed, just like most domesitc headlights go)...

Just some ideas for you.
Ive done the rubbing compound with a polisher, it works like a charm.....just dont forget to put a polish on them and a few coats of wax afterwards, but it worked awesome.....definately do it.
if all else fails, you can always slap on a few coats of nitesh1t on them and sell them as "smoked" headlights
^^^^ Classic