FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mbrp Installed - But ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I had the MBRP installed last night, but to avoid removing the second cat they recommended I install the system without the MBRP resonator - so basically the 2.25" pipe starts near the rear axle with only the two cats in front of it and only the muffler aft of it.

It actually sounds pretty good, although there's a couple of points where there's a bit of buzz ... but during my first highway run this morning the "check gas cap" light came on.

This is half way through a tank of gas so I have to assume it's something to do with the exhaust install and not actually a problem with the gas cap. I did re and re the cap a couple of times but the light wouldn't reset.

Is this due to the reduced back pressure because there's no resonator (and therefore re-installing it would fix) or do you think something else is at work here?

Thanks for everyone's input.
Could just be that the gas cap seal went bad. This happened to me a few years back, and as soon as i replaced the gas cap and reset the code things were good.
habmann,Mar 30 2007, 11:27 AM Wrote:Could just be that the gas cap seal went bad. This happened to me a few years back, and as soon as i replaced the gas cap and reset the code things were good.
[right][snapback]232515[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm ... I guess; but the car is only 3 months old with 8k and this happened literally 30 minutes of driving after the install -- one heck of a coincidence if they're not connected in some way.
No gas cap light issues after the MBRP install for me either :huh:

AFAIK they don't come close to playing near the gas tank while doing the install...

Methinks you got a gas cap that went bad... hey I lost my fuel guage after the car had been in service for less than a year (and got the check gas cap warning light a week after the repair) stranger things have happened :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I've never had the gas cap light come on once, and I've got over 1000 KMs on the new exhaust so far.

That's just really weird, dude. Time for a run to the dealer methinks.
Gas caps are inexpensive. Its a good place to start without really opening the pocket book.
WARRANTY!!!!
focusnme,Mar 30 2007, 06:38 PM Wrote:WARRANTY!!!!
[right][snapback]232549[/snapback][/right]
Warranty FTW - but meh, light went out while in stop and go traffic this aft.
After the light came on and you check and cap and top up with gas, did you reset it or wait for it to go out?
.... We have a check gas cap light ?

Am I special in the way I don't ? I've never seen it, even in start up / running the light test..

:|

That sounds really, really weird... Is it all good now ?
ex1z7,Apr 1 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:.... We have a check gas cap light ?

Am I special in the way I don't ? I've never seen it, even in start up / running the light test..

[right][snapback]232793[/snapback][/right]

On the 2000-2004 Foci it's the CEL. On 2005+ Foci there's a new spot for that alert on the gauge cluster.
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 1 2007, 06:14 PM Wrote:
ex1z7,Apr 1 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:.... We have a check gas cap light ?

[right][snapback]232793[/snapback][/right]

On the 2000-2004 Foci it's the CEL. On 2005+ Foci there's a new spot for that alert on the gauge cluster.
[right][snapback]232797[/snapback][/right]

Light went out on its own (I did take the cap off and put it back on) and then after about 20 minutes of slow driving it went out - and hasn't reappeared yet.