FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealer Tag Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know the best way on the removal of a dealer sticker?
depends on what kind it is, is it just a sticker or label like "FOCUS" or ZX3?

i guess for both you can use hair dryer/heat gun to heat up the glue and try peeling them off, once off, just use WD-40 or tar remover to remove the glue.

If its the "focus" style label, you can also use dental floss to remove the sticker and clean the rest with wd-40 or tar remover.

good luck,MoMo
goo-gone is better for getting the residue off.. But wash it afterwards as the goo-gone, if left, can cause damage..

Ok it is a sticker so imagine I would have to use a dryer or heat gun. I just hope i don't scratch the paint or something while doing it.
Usually a heat gun will work well, and then use WD-40 as the others mentioned...or...you can use a SMALL amount of acetone on a rag to take the adhesive off, and then just use some wax to smooth and protect to clearcoat in that area again.

I got lucky with the dealer stickers on my car...just grabbed and peeled off easy, and then used some WD-40 to make sure the residue was gone, and then waxed...

The sticker was on the top left side of my trunklid...

[Image: FastFordReardoctored.jpg]

Can't tell there was one on there anymore...

L8tz
yep...i asked how to take off focus letters on here about a month ago...and Goo-Gone did its job real good
just a note the next time you take the car back to the dealer for anything tell them not to put another sticker on the car Donway did this to my ZX3 twice before I told them not to.

Laterz :)
On a hot day you can just peel the vinyl off, it's not that big a deal. When I took my dealer sticker off the residue washed off really easily with just water..
K_OS,Mar 30 2007, 02:31 PM Wrote:Donway did this to my ZX3 twice before I told them not to.
[right][snapback]232538[/snapback][/right]
Thanks. I be sure to stay away from that place. :huh: