FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Suspension Question......help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
will svt struts on a non svt car, using non svt springs lower the car? basically, do the svt struts sit lower??
Struts control rebound.
Springs control height.

In a nutshell.
.5" from what i hear. And stiffer too.
i installed svt springs on my brothers zx5, and it sits a lot higher then my SVT......this is why im asking. Futhetmore, I want to dump my zx3 without going coilover, who makes the lowest springs?
I think the strut is about 1/2" shorter that the standard strut at full extension. Valving is mainly the difference.

Have the springs had a chance to settle yet? Are the springs indexed correctly?
The Eibach Sportline springs are listed as 2" front and 2.2" rear. But they will make your car VERY low. I am sure some of the members here can attest to that.
"indexed correctly".....i dont know what that means, but anyways its staying the way it, its all even.

Focus man, Focus.,Nov 24 2009, 03:14 PM Wrote:The Eibach Sportline springs are listed as 2" front and 2.2" rear.  But they will make your car VERY low.  I am sure some of the members here can attest to that.
[right][snapback]297711[/snapback][/right]
imncrxtc,Nov 24 2009, 04:31 PM Wrote:"indexed correctly"[snapback]297713[/snapback]

As in the ends of the springs are sitting in the little notches or holes where they should be, and not out causing the spring to sit higher in the strut than it should.
oh i see......no, there sitting correctly. Its weird...oh well.
SVT kit is supposed to drop a Focus .75" from stock (It's what I had on my Focus, made the ride much more firm and certain)

NefCanuck
I have the Eibach Sportlines on my 05, and think it looks great.
But it's a ruff ride on city streets.

heres a pic of mine with and with out the drop.

before
[Image: mycar01.jpg]

after
[Image: 05ZX305.jpg]
I've had my SVT parts on for more than a year and it's does sit lower than stock. Ride real nice.

DRyanC
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 24 2009, 04:14 PM Wrote:The Eibach Sportline springs are listed as 2" front and 2.2" rear.  But they will make your car VERY low.  I am sure some of the members here can attest to that.
[right][snapback]297711[/snapback][/right]

Sportline is the lowest you'll be able to go with springs.
i believe people have different definitions of rough riding cars lol

my focus with ground control coil overs on factory struts will literally bonce change out of the cup holders just on dally driving. and if i ever do come to a big bump i have to come to a complete crawl.

if i could do it all over id get Eibach Sportline a decent drop and a ok ride.

I had ebay coil springs and the ride was pretty ruff till I installed aftermarket struts.
ahh coil springs thats the word i was looking for.. i was thinking a bought getting struts but. im thinking on replacing the focus. so they will have to do for now.

i should of just bought Eibach Sportlines in the first place.
koni adjustables with eibach springs = epic win
Eibach pro kit

[Image: IMG_0269.jpg]

Leeda $$$

[Image: IMG_0020.jpg]
ANTHONYD,Dec 3 2009, 09:50 AM Wrote:Eibach pro kit

[Image: IMG_0269.jpg]

Leeda $$$

[Image: IMG_0020.jpg]
[right][snapback]298000[/snapback][/right]

More epic win
What? the green one? I know!