FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Valve Cover
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did my valve cover gasket today, I've read here in the How to's and on FF that a 10 mm socket is require for the bolts on a Zetec. Mine has 8 mm's. I'm curious if anyone would know why the difference, or was it a typo error in the How to section.
dunno IVe got three Zetecs one in my car... the otehr two on stands and they all have 8mm valv cover bolts
ZED_not_zee,Mar 26 2007, 03:29 AM Wrote:dunno IVe got three Zetecs  one in my car...  the otehr two on stands and they all have 8mm valv cover bolts
[right][snapback]231966[/snapback][/right]
must be a typo error.
i need to do mine aswell cuz im pissing oil everywhere and its burning like a mofo...just how much did it cost you and can it be done at home
Ya this can definately be done in your driveway no problem. As far as cost, the only thing you've gotta get is the gasket and i think its around $40 or so.
most bolts are 10 mm, but you will find the odd 8 and 9 mm ones too. the valve cover ones are def 8 mm though.
ZTS_DJ,Mar 27 2007, 04:09 PM Wrote:i need to do mine aswell cuz im pissing oil everywhere and its burning like a mofo...just how much did it cost you and can it be done at home
[right][snapback]232187[/snapback][/right]
It's a pretty easy job. But, before you do it, check the bolts on the cover and tighten them down if they are loose. The oil was leaking out of one side more than the others. and that bolt was pretty loose. The gasket, when I got it off looked good, but ,once it's off, it's better to replace it.It cost me $63.00 at Ford. They'll need to know the manufacture date of your car.