FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Job For Me Too...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, basically, I've slaved away in a sweat-shop like network monitoring environment for the last three years. Well, I handed in my two weeks today... Man do I feel good!

I've taken a job with Toshiba Business Solutions, as an IT Service Technician. Basically, I go on-site and fix peoples broken stuff. Everything from Exchange to network installs. And, it's only Monday to Friday, 8 am until 4pm. No more midnights or weekends for me! Should be fun!

Ryan
Congrats. Hope it pans out well for you.
Congratulations! I might find myself in the same boat within a few years... hopefully.
Congrats, I know all to well what it's like to leave a s***ty job for a really decent one.
Welcome to the "good side" of IT - the days-only crowd.

Others like the night because of higher pay and/or more days off a week, but I say screw it. :)

Congrats on the new job!
Sounds like you're doing / were doing similar work to me.. I so far want to stab myself in the eye, and am waiting for a better job to come my way.. And it sounds like you found a better calling, good job !

the 8am-4:30 thing I do is driving me crazy, waking up at 6 in the morning isn't a 19 year old thing to do :| Especially getting closer to summer...
Congrats on getting out alive!

I have 4 more days left -- and I feel so much better now! I'm more relaxed, I can sleep a full night now without waking up dreading going to work in the morning, and just sort of a general state of euphoria.
I have 2 years, and about 2 months left of my current contract...not 100% sold on the Army as a longterm thing, but it's looking more like it all the time...

Congrats to U
Congrats on getting a job with hours that you want to work, rather than you have to work craptastic hours :)

NefCanuck
Congrats on the new job Ryan! We'll have to get together some weekends or something! Hey have you taken up golf yet ?

Update!

My current employer has come back to me... Looks like I'll be staying. They're giving in to my hours request, with an agreement that within the next two months I'll be moving into a new position as internal IT (Windows & VOIP support) rather than customer facing. Much more appealing to me.

Doesn't mean I can't keep looking though... :)

Ryan
WEll it is nice to that you are love and respected at your job, and that they are willing to bend just to keep you around!
Great job! Now go for more money.. more money!! lol