FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cel...again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, title says it, I have a CEL came on this morning. I think it's because it's damp and wet outside...got a lumpy rough run at tickover, but if I hold gas pedal down a tiny bit, it goes away...seems like a misfire caused by wet leads or similar.

Anyway, I want an OBDII reader, and I was looking at THIS one from crappytire. Will it do what I want, and enable me to do correct troubleshooting and trouble avoidance?

Your input is appreciated.

Scorp.
Use the money towards a Xcal2. It is also an OBDII reader.
Partsource will scan it for like 10bux.
If your getting poor idle and stuff when its damp out I would check your coil pack, plugs, and wires.
Yeah, looked at the Xcal2....a little out of my price range ATM, tho I'd like to have one.

As for the $10 scan, there are a few places that will do that I guess, but I don;t want to have to go every time I think there is a problem. The wagon is a 2000, so 6/7 years old now, with about 120K on her. So I wanna be able to scan whenever I need to.

Also, I can scan friends vehicles too if they need it.

Anyone got one of these?

S.
Scorpion,Mar 23 2007, 08:39 AM Wrote:Yeah, looked at the Xcal2....a little out of my price range ATM, tho I'd like to have one.

As for the $10 scan, there are a few places that will do that I guess, but I don;t want to have to go every time I think there is a problem. The wagon is a 2000, so 6/7 years old now, with about 120K on her. So I wanna be able to scan whenever I need to.

Anyone got one of these?

S.
[right][snapback]231677[/snapback][/right]

A freind of mine bought this....I've used it on my focus and it works great.

http://www.myscantool.com/

I'll be placing an order sometime soon.
Scorpion,Mar 23 2007, 08:39 AM Wrote:Yeah, looked at the Xcal2....a little out of my price range ATM, tho I'd like to have one.

Anyone got one of these?

S.
[right][snapback]231677[/snapback][/right]

The X-Cal will scan other cars for codes, too. The tuning is the only thing limited to one car at a time. Kev read mine last year :)
Thanks for your input guys, appreciate it.

Flo, I looked at that unit......and will soon be the proud owner of a new toy :lol:

Total $214.00CDN, ($20US off today, too!) which is less than the OBDII at crappytire, and the unit does more...a lot more (ok ok, you need a notebook, but still).

So, thank you sir for pointing me in that direction. Now I just gotta wait for it to arrive...3-5 days.

Scorp.
Ya we sell readers. I beleive they go on sale for like 80$ off again soon... Cant remember at home lol

There not cheap though. anywhere between 300 and 600 bux..... so we dont sell alot of em.
I sell brand new sealed code readers for $40.....It was the best investment that I had ever bought