FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cop Tases 10-year-old Girl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are some Americans really that phucked up? <_<

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...8091taser1.html

To answer your question, yes Americans are fawked.
Who the hell would even think about zapping a 10 year old?I would have just used pepper spray..over-kill.
Some kids just need a good smack.

I actually support the cop on this. If I was her parent and society has deemed it bad for me to "discipline" my child, my only alternative is to have the cops perform their civil duty and discipline my child for me.

if my mother had a taser it would have been never been shut off.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 22 2009, 07:47 PM Wrote:Some kids just need a good smack. 

I actually support the cop on this.  If I was her parent and society has deemed it bad for me to "discipline" my child, my only alternative is to have the cops perform their civil duty and discipline my child for me.
[right][snapback]297605[/snapback][/right]

yeah but by that statement the parents should be billed for all the related services from the police, 911, etc... etc... for dealing with your child.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 22 2009, 06:47 PM Wrote:Some kids just need a good smack. 

I actually support the cop on this.  If I was her parent and society has deemed it bad for me to "discipline" my child, my only alternative is to have the cops perform their civil duty and discipline my child for me.
[right][snapback]297605[/snapback][/right]

Dude, he tasered a 10 year old GIRL. Not even a boy, a girl. WTF. The cop couldn't handle a girl. Couldn't cuff her. Are you f***ing serious? If he can't cuff a little kid, why is he on the beat? Shouldn't he be shining shoes or stealing GT-R rims... something else more along those lines that he can handle effectively?

The cop needs to be tarred and feathered and FIRED. The little girl should be the one to dump the feathers on him. Then, the parents need to join him for a walk of shame through town. As in, 3 people couldn't properly discipline a 10 year old girl. Point, laugh, ridicule.

This world is going to hell in a handbasket. Maybe the guy in the Veyron can tow the vat of tar with his Bugatti... oh wait, nm. He's occupied elsewhere. In a swamp.
i'm half and half on this one, i agree with NOS how a cop couldn't man handle a little kid lol. then again if he did, kid might be like yea assault, so cop used the taser which was approved by the mom.
Spinal,Nov 23 2009, 12:21 PM Wrote:i'm half and half on this one, i agree with NOS how a cop couldn't man handle a little kid lol. then again if he did, kid might be like yea assault, so cop used the taser which was approved by the mom.
[right][snapback]297631[/snapback][/right]

5ft tall 89lb kid kicked him in the balls. Wouldn't you want to tazer them back for that? I sure as hell would.
Frost__2001,Nov 23 2009, 08:13 AM Wrote:yeah but by that statement the parents should be billed for all the related services from the police, 911, etc... etc... for dealing with your child.
[right][snapback]297619[/snapback][/right]

I disagree on this. The child was not controllable in the situation and was resisting arrest.

To any 10 year old, they should know better to listen to a cop and they know why.

The cop was doing his duty and did not require the mother's consent to use the taser. Should the child have been armed with a knife, it should have been the same outcome.

A cop's prime job is to control situations, and in this case he did without long term harm. Ergo, the parents should not be billed the costs.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 23 2009, 08:29 AM Wrote:Dude, he tasered a 10 year old GIRL. Not even a boy, a girl. WTF. The cop couldn't handle a girl. Couldn't cuff her. Are you f***ing serious? If he can't cuff a little kid, why is he on the beat? Shouldn't he be shining shoes or stealing GT-R rims... something else more along those lines that he can handle effectively?

The cop needs to be tarred and feathered and FIRED. The little girl should be the one to dump the feathers on him. Then, the parents need to join him for a walk of shame through town. As in, 3 people couldn't properly discipline a 10 year old girl. Point, laugh, ridicule.

This world is going to hell in a handbasket. Maybe the guy in the Veyron can tow the vat of tar with his Bugatti... oh wait, nm. He's occupied elsewhere. In a swamp.
[right][snapback]297622[/snapback][/right]

The question is not was the force excessive. It was appropriate. The question is that parents sometimes do not have a choice as SOCIETY has deemed it Cruel Punishment for parents to apply force to kids. Parents cannot spank bums, belt, hit, smack, cut a willow tree branch, use boards, kneeling for excessive periods with faces to the wall.... anything.

Non-violent resolutions don't work most of the time. Sometimes kids need a good smack. Ergo, since society won't let me lay a finger on my kids nowadays, I go to the one place that will do it for me without me getting in trouble... the police.

I would applaud the mother for doing this cause it WILL teach that girl to listen to her parents and obey the law.
the mother told him to use the tasor. Awesome.

Betcha that kid will listen from now on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DD1,Nov 23 2009, 06:56 AM Wrote:if my mother had a taser it would have been never been shut off.
[right][snapback]297616[/snapback][/right]
Thing is, realtisically could the cop have restrained that ten year old girl without causing her injury in any other way?

Far be it for me to call myself an expert on physical force, but I'm quite sure the difference in size means that anything over a gentle hand and that kid is going to look like she'd gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson in his prime :ph34r: and then where would the cop be?

NefCanuck
you guys aren't getting it, cop could have restarined her wihtout using the tasor, but the mother asked for it to be used. If you want to get mad at someone, its the mom...
"Officer please shoot my daughter she's out of control!!!"
Flofocus,Nov 23 2009, 04:29 PM Wrote:you guys aren't getting it, cop could have restarined her wihtout using the tasor, but the mother asked for it to be used.  If you want to get mad at someone, its the mom...
[right][snapback]297653[/snapback][/right]

I had a huge reply typed earlier, but the gist was this:

He was a trained law enforcement professional. He's paid to make decisions that save and cost lives, to uphold the law and protect the innocent.

But, getting kicked in the nuts by a 10-year old justifies her getting tasered because the mom said it was ok?

Uh, no. Fail.

The cop should have called in a female officer if required, restrained her arms and cuffed her. Four foot six, sixty five pounds. That's beyond embarrassing. That's just ridiculous.

Suspend the cop, smack the mom (or better yet, taser her!) and teach the kid proper morals and behaviour. Hell, taser the cop too. He should be ashamed of himself.

What's next - I can rifle the puck at a 10 year-old at a local rink shinny game because he runs his mouth? Double so because he might be wearing equipment? The outcome is the same because it'll teach him a lesson about respecting his elders, right?

Dumbasses.
^^^Cops get tasered when they have their practice before they get one of those toys.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 23 2009, 01:04 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Nov 23 2009, 08:13 AM Wrote:yeah but by that statement the parents should be billed for all the related services from the police, 911, etc... etc... for dealing with your child.
[right][snapback]297619[/snapback][/right]

I disagree on this. The child was not controllable in the situation and was resisting arrest.

To any 10 year old, they should know better to listen to a cop and they know why.

The cop was doing his duty and did not require the mother's consent to use the taser. Should the child have been armed with a knife, it should have been the same outcome.

A cop's prime job is to control situations, and in this case he did without long term harm. Ergo, the parents should not be billed the costs.
[right][snapback]297635[/snapback][/right]

not true, if you call 911 in the US you can still be billed for services regardless of what situation is involved. it's like the morons who get hurt in rugged off limits areas and call 911 for help, in certen western states like TX, CO, & AZ you'll be billed for your rescue and any medical help the people who save you incur to get you.

but to point out any canadian kid I think would know to stop when a cop shows up
Frost__2001,Nov 24 2009, 08:14 AM Wrote:not true, if you call 911 in the US you can still be billed for services regardless of what situation is involved. it's like the morons who get hurt in rugged off limits areas and call 911 for help, in certen western states like TX, CO, & AZ you'll be billed for your rescue and any medical help the people who save you incur to get you.

but to point out any canadian kid I think would know to stop when a cop shows up
[right][snapback]297666[/snapback][/right]

Yes that is true, there are dumbasses who do stupid things and have to call 911. They do that here in Canada as well. Hospitals will bill you for ambulance services.

However this situation was different and that the kid was uncontrollable, different story.
^^I think it would be ok to take her down if she had a knife or some sort of weapon........she didn't have anything
Pages: 1 2