FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 3157 Led Bulbs Anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried installing these in their Focus? They are obviously for the tail lights. I think there was some mention of having to use a capacitor or something with them as they would not flash correctly.

Can anyone tell me if they are using them and what modification was required?
I had them way back when i first got my focus....

Depends which ones you get if it is worth it or not though. The ones that just point straight back aren't worth it, and just light up like a little red dot in the housing because the taillights are made to reflect the light.

You need to wire in a resistor for them to flash correctly because the brake/signal lights are shared with the same bulb. If you don't the LEDs will flash very quick(as if you have a blown bulb) and will burn out due to lack of current.

Sedan owners are lucky if they have the seperated brake/signal taillight housings and don't require a resistor
I had them b4 I changed to euro rear. Yes you need resistor for them, I bought some made specially for led blinker from ebay, they work fine but I don't really like the led i bought, not bright enough. Oh, I still using led with resistor for the front tho.