FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Missin My Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i recently got rid of my Focus and replaced it with a Ford Fusion, and i discovered one flaw in the Fusion that makes me miss my focus a whole lot. the trunk lol

I've got a husky, and for such a big dog i've got a big crate for her, and i had no trouble fitting the crate into the trunk of my focus when going on trips along with my luggage, but for the life of me i can't fit the damn thing to the trunk of my fusion and it really makes me mad, its a big damn car lol. here i thought getting a bigger car would make having a big dog easier but it just made it more difficult. Damn ford for making the opening smaller than the focus.

Gotta say thou its nice have 221hp vs 110 that i had in the focus lol

Oh well such is life, i just wanted to rant about it lol
focuspilot23,Mar 16 2007, 11:06 PM Wrote:So i recently got rid of my Focus and replaced it with a Ford Fusion, and i discovered one flaw in the Fusion that makes me miss my focus a whole lot. the trunk lol

I've got a husky, and for such a big dog i've got a big crate for her, and i had no trouble fitting the crate into the trunk of my focus when going on trips along with my luggage, but for the life of me i can't fit the damn thing to the trunk of my fusion and it really makes me mad, its a big damn car lol.  here i thought getting a bigger car would make having a big dog easier but it just made it more difficult. Damn ford for making the opening smaller than the focus.

Gotta say thou its nice have 221hp vs 110 that i had in the focus lol

Oh well such is life, i just wanted to rant about it lol
[right][snapback]230914[/snapback][/right]
Trade it in. With the money you get back, get another Focus, and put in a turbo....
I've had a buick Regal and a Focus, amongst other vehicles. I can get more in my Focus.
What model do you have? I liked the SEL V6 AWD version a lot...especially one that's black with the charcoal leathers and the Piano Black trim inside, and the spoiler. I STILL think that much like the Focus, it's a LOT of car for the money. I just couldn't get past the fact that they only offer the V6 in an automatic (though the 6spd kicks azz).

Hope you stick with it, or get another Focus and stick with Ford...
Drivesthebeast,Mar 17 2007, 01:15 PM Wrote:What model do you have?  I liked the SEL V6 AWD version a lot...especially one that's black with the charcoal leathers and the Piano Black trim inside, and the spoiler.  I STILL think that much like the Focus, it's a LOT of car for the money.  I just couldn't get past the fact that they only offer the V6 in an automatic (though the 6spd kicks azz). 

Hope you stick with it, or get another Focus and stick with Ford...
[right][snapback]230930[/snapback][/right]

I've got the SE V6, its a cream coloured interior..but i love it!!! i've had it a about a month..and i still can't get over the performance and quality of the car for the money. I mean when you gun it, it pushes your whole body back in the seat as it goes...and the 6 speed gives great gas mileage on the highway, and great power lol which is something i like the best. Its a little harder to manuver through
parking lots..and a wide turning radius...but what can u do....

But i still love it...even if the trunk does suck!!

I'll stick with ford for sure..i loved my focus and i love my fusion too!!!!
So Ford got something right. but, due to the fact that Ford's new vehicles, except the Mustang, have no real WOW factor, they are looked at as bad cars. I've read about the Fusion, and it all sounds great. I'm glad you are enjoying your new Ford. No, I don't work for Ford. I just like the way they drive, compared to the rest of the domestics
+1...Handling and steering input seem to be things that Ford gets right on pretty much all of their newer vehicles in comparison to others (other than the minivans they used to make in the 80's and 90's).

Only drawback to the new Fords, is I think that lame OEM tires hold them back (except for on the performance models like the Mustang or SVTF, etc)...they won't let you experience what your car is REALLY capable of. When I switched to Bridgestone Potenzas to replace the Goodslide RSA's that were on my car, there was a NIGHT AND DAY difference (that difference being for the better).

If your car has Michel(spins) or Continentals, don't get them again, or if you can afford to, get rid of them, and get some better tires like Bridgestone Potenzas, or Avon Tyres...I told the sales staff at the local Ford store that if I was gonna buy a Fusion, the Michelins would HAVE TO GO, and put on tires that I want...

L8tz

When taking corners in the fusion it just feels really sure footed..and stable...it doesn't lean hardly at all...on ramp corners are a breeze in the car..i can take them at like 90 and it hardly leans at all...

When i was considering new cars i test drove so much...the Ion, a bunch of chevys, toyotas, and hondas..and the only car that got me really excited was the fusion..i like how it looks and drives...its like a big focus..and the reliability is great too...consumer reports and stuff rate it really well.

I miss my focus...but the fusion is a great replacement car...ford hit the nail right on with this one.
Twin Turbos
oldeguy,Mar 17 2007, 11:39 PM Wrote:Twin Turbos
[right][snapback]230976[/snapback][/right]

What about twin turbos?
focuspilot23,Mar 17 2007, 07:42 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Mar 17 2007, 11:39 PM Wrote:Twin Turbos
[right][snapback]230976[/snapback][/right]

What about twin turbos?
[right][snapback]230977[/snapback][/right]
Put them on the Fusion.....
The fusion is definately a powerful car in the v6 version , ive seen a v6 mustang and a v6 fusion and its side by side .. Ive Driven one and find that it dont handle near as well as the focus but its def a good car .