FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Digital Picture Frames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a couple 7" digital picture frames but I need them to display videos from an external source. From what I have seen there are a few on the market that can play video clips but the spec's don't say if the signal can come from an external source. I will need them to play via USB cable that will be hooked to a computer. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Any input or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Allot of the frames I saw all play video from a CF/SD or USB memory source. Not much in terms of external sources.

Why not just pickup one of those 7" or 8" computer monitors. Allot of guys use these for carputers... hint hint :) Or even a LCD TV, the smaller ones are actually pretty cheap.

Kev, shhhhh!!!! Don't let the cat out of the bag for my winter project.

I have been searching for a small monitor but I haven't really been able to find anything within my price range locally.
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 21 2009, 09:26 AM Wrote:locally.
[right][snapback]297579[/snapback][/right]

not going to happen..

ebay period.
konafocuswrc,Nov 21 2009, 07:56 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 21 2009, 09:26 AM Wrote:locally.
[right][snapback]297579[/snapback][/right]

not going to happen..

ebay period.
[right][snapback]297584[/snapback][/right]

If you checkout some flea markets theres often a few guys there that sell mp3playerstore.com stuff, which I htink has everything you need.
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 21 2009, 11:06 AM Wrote:I am looking for a couple 7" digital picture frames but I need them to display videos from an external source.  From what I have seen there are a few on the market that can play video clips but the spec's don't say if the signal can come from an external source.  I will need them to play via USB cable that will be hooked to a computer.  Does anybody know if this is possible?

Any input or experiences would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Kevin
[right][snapback]297575[/snapback][/right]
Costco has a 7" digital frame from Pandigital that has 1 gig internal memory, bluetooth, USB connection, touchscreen and bunch of other stuff I can't remember ... for 69 bucks which seems relatively inexpensive.
The only way to play video is via a USB storage device... that's the bad news.

Also, even though the pandigitals support wireless, they don't come with wireless -- you have to get a USB Wifi adapter to plug in and then configure -- you can get one for about $40.

I have the 15" pandigital frame.. it's not bad -- but I wasn't impressed with the quality -- some come rather damaged in their store packaging... and I may be swapping out my frame (under warranty) because the lighting isn't particularily even.
I picked this lil beauty up at Wal Mart for $38

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2008/04/10/memore...digital-frames/

Not to bad for a cheap Xmas gift for my mom lol.