FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Someone's Getting A Wakeup Call... -eg-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah... today is one of those days where things start off not so hot, but turn on just one little thing to make the rest of your day worthwhile...

So I went over to the mall this morning to cash my paycheck and do some banking and all the disabled spots are taken... So I end up parking some distance away and hobble to the bank and notice one of the cars doesn't have a disabled parking permit in it at all. So fuming I go into the bank and do my business at the ATM.

I exit the bank and the car is still sitting there and by this time I'm just about ready to put my cane through the scumbags windshield. I look up and 'lo & behold I find one of the security vehicles parked across the lot. So I get in my car and drive over there to let the security guard know and he thanks me and drives off to investigate...

...and I drive off, leaving the mall cackling manically. I hope that the douchebag that parked there enjoys the $500 ticket they've earned :D

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold... if I ever I see that car again I'm gonna stick a note under their wiper asking them how they liked the $500 parking charge :P

NefCanuck
I know the feeling. My wife is disabled and whenever she goes anywhere in the car, I use the disbled parking spots. It is frustrating when you need a spot and some inconsiderate "person" decides to use the designated spot. Unfortunately for my wife, her disability isn't always visible to the onlooker, so we quite often get dirty looks when we pull into a spot and two healthy looking people get out of the car.
Yeah I know what you mean about the looks.

My mom is disabled to a point but like your wife you wouldn't always know that. We've had quite a few occasions where people have made comments or looks at us when I take her shopping. She shouldn't even be doing the shopping at all but is too damn stubborn just to give me the list. By the time we come out of the store she can barely walk anymore and is just winded. I take her home, she takes a couple pain killers and off she goes to bed for a couple hours.
Yeah, those "Not visable" disabilities are always an issue. As far as I'm conerned though if the permit is there, its there for a reason...

Of course when the permit is on a red Corvette and the only occupant of the car is a leggy blonde who reaches in to take out her poodle (true story) I gotta wonder y'know? <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 16 2007, 11:57 AM Wrote:Yeah, those "Not visable" disabilities are always an issue.  As far as I'm conerned though if the permit is there, its there for a reason...

Of course when the permit is on a red Corvette and the only occupant of the car is a leggy blonde who reaches in to take out her poodle (true story) I gotta wonder y'know? <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]230827[/snapback][/right]
you should give her a physical to find her disability. Oh wait.... you said blonde right?
NefCanuck,Mar 16 2007, 03:57 PM Wrote:Of course when the permit is on a red Corvette and the only occupant of the car is a leggy blonde who reaches in to take out her poodle (true story) I gotta wonder y'know? <_<

NefCanuck

insert blonde joke here.
oldeguy,Mar 16 2007, 11:04 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Mar 16 2007, 11:57 AM Wrote:Yeah, those "Not visable" disabilities are always an issue.  As far as I'm conerned though if the permit is there, its there for a reason...

NefCanuck
you should give her a physical to find her disability. Oh wait.... you said blonde right?
[right][snapback]230829[/snapback][/right]

:rofl: God, I can't believe I missed that... yeah that might have been her disability, since she reached in for her dog (That probably cost her more than my car did new :rolleyes:) with nary a care in the world...

NefCanuck
If it wasn't for the fact that you said it was a leggy blonde with a poodle, driving a Corvette.....it could have been my wife. Hold on, she dyed her hair red.
haha, rich ppl and their toys, I had seen a new 6 series Bimmer with handicap sticker. Everytime i saw the guy was this 30 something guy in a suit.

Sad thing is the fact toronto allows handicap ppl to park anywhere on the streets, they usually don't tag/tow. so this guy was just abusing the sticker. And honestly i don't think he was handicaped, I bet he just paid/got the tag from a doctor.
mo_focus,Mar 16 2007, 02:25 PM Wrote:Sad thing is the fact toronto allows handicap ppl to park anywhere on the streets, they usually don't tag/tow. so this guy was just abusing the sticker. And honestly i don't think he was handicaped, I bet he just paid/got the tag from a doctor.
[right][snapback]230883[/snapback][/right]

Y'know what's even sadder? I've never seen fit to use that ability to park on Toronto streets with my permit. My thinking is, if I leave my car exposed on the side of a street who knows what the hell kind of mayhem could happen to it? Better to get raped for parking charges, getting a disabled access spot and have a better chance of not coming back to a car that looks like someone went at it with a baseball bat <_<

As to how easy it is to get stickers.... it really depends on the doctors, some can be easily cajoled into signing the form, others probably are afraid of hassles from their patient if they refuse to sign the form and there may be those few doctors that do it for some form of compensation <_<

Frankly though, I think there is one sure way to stop the abuse and that is to actually charge money for the permit itself, but have the fee refunded when filing for taxes (If the applicant cannot afford the fee, if they are on social assistance, the social assistance office should pay it) This one move would I think do wonders to get rid of the dubious permits being issued, because right now, what cost is there to have one issued? Zero and out there on the roads, no officer can challenge the validity of the disability that gave rise to the permit issuance in the first place.

NefCanuck