FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Note From The Census
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reading the newspaper yesterday, noticed from the census that the birthrate is down to 1.6 children per woman. It states in this article, that in order to conitinue with the present population, either Canadians need to have more children or allow more immigration. So, Ladies and Gentlemen, get to it! ( At least start practicing )
Being that .6 of a child must be a real bitch. What bits and pieces would they be missing?
torradan,Mar 16 2007, 07:47 AM Wrote:Being that .6 of a child must be a real bitch.  What bits and pieces would they be missing?
[right][snapback]230783[/snapback][/right]
being all of 5'6', I think I can say this. Maybe the .6 is a shorty
haha, i was telling the wife the same thing. I would rather have more kids then to bring immigrants over.

just my 2 cents
mo_focus,Mar 16 2007, 09:15 AM Wrote:haha, i was telling the wife the same thing. I would rather have more kids then to bring immigrants over.

just my 2 cents
[right][snapback]230793[/snapback][/right]

You make me a sad panda :(
chinnies don't have that problem....
the birthrate is down because women are just too damn fussy.

they should really settle -- for me...
darkpuppet,Mar 16 2007, 08:40 AM Wrote:the birthrate is down because women are just too damn fussy.
[right][snapback]230798[/snapback][/right]

That and pure concentrated evil in 99.9% of the cases.
well, my woman and i have one, and dont know if we want anymore :lol:

but at the same time, when I lived in Victoria BC, I sometimes felt like I was the minority.
Meh, if it was still economically possible for a family to survive with only one breadwinner making the average wage in Canada we wouldn't have this problem.

Face it, unless one partner pulls in six figures a year, having even one kid is a financial drain that impacts your standard of living way worse than any car modding we might do <_<

Immigrants coming from poorer countries are still taking a leap upwards coming to Canada and making minimum wages and have learned years ago how to make do with less...

So in summary then, unless Canadians are willing to take the financial hit and live with it, our countries birthrate will in fact depend entirely on immigration...

NefCanuck
Women today have unrealistic expectations when it comes to their relationships. Many have an inflated sense of what their marketablity is.

One of my wife's friends is 38. She's a nice person, but she's "average" looking. Not bad, just average. Nobody looks at her and goes "OMFG she's a hottie!".

She's been holding out for a guy that's "funny, rich, educated, a professional, no kids, never married, a hot body and "artsy". The only men fitting that description at 38 would be gay. The one or two dozen in the world that are not gay, would not be looking for a 38 year old "average" woman. If I fit the bill I would be looking to nail as many sub-30 hotties as I could.

So now I get her (and women like her) over at my house, their biological clocks ticking so loud I have to turn up the TV to hear the game.

Anyways, back to children, I have 4. So don't worry, I'm picking up the pace for the rest of you slackers.
OAC_Sparky,Mar 16 2007, 09:24 AM Wrote:One of my wife's friends is 38. She's a nice person, but she's "average" looking. Not bad, just average. Nobody looks at her and goes "OMFG she's a hottie!".

She's been holding out for a guy that's "funny, rich, educated, a professional, no kids, never married, a hot body and "artsy". The only men fitting that description at 38 would be gay. The one or two dozen in the world that are not gay, would not be looking for a 38 year old "average" woman. If I fit the bill I would be looking to nail as many sub-30 hotties as I could.
[right][snapback]230806[/snapback][/right]

ROFL for so many reasons and no I am not the ghey.

Once I start putting myself out there again I know I am going to run into women like that a lot and despite bringing so much to the table I will be written off for not being to the letter EXACTLY like the fairy tale they were brought up to believe in.
I have three kids, Doctor asked us when we were going for four. We told him that if he could guarentee a girl, ( we have three males ), we'd be back in a year.
2001 ZTS,Mar 16 2007, 06:54 AM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Mar 16 2007, 08:40 AM Wrote:the birthrate is down because women are just too damn fussy.

[right][snapback]230800[/snapback][/right]

I agree with both of the above statements strongly. A guy either can't get it because even the fat chick in the corner who doesn't even get attention from the wingman or even the wingman's wingman is too damn fussy or he is scared so s***less of the evil and the omg what if she gets pregnant I'm stuck with her for life one way or another factor that he can't even get it up.

Me personally, I don't want kids because I don't want the responsibility of it so to say. Plus, honestly I really don't like kids. Don't get me wrong, if I ended up with a kid they'd have the best of everything that I could provide for them and they'd know they were loved, not spoiled but loved buyt I really have no desire to have children, or for that matter, be married. 90% of the marriages that I know have been full of strife and ended in divorce. Yeah, I don't want to lose half of what the bank lets me have :D
LOL my sister has had nothing but boys, and 4 nephews isn't bad but she is thinking of another baby soon as she really wants a girl.
Frost__2001,Mar 16 2007, 11:53 AM Wrote:LOL my sister has had nothing but boys, and 4 nephews isn't bad but she is thinking of another baby soon as she really wants a girl.
[right][snapback]230826[/snapback][/right]
Needs a different donor..........
focusracer,Mar 16 2007, 10:42 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Mar 16 2007, 06:54 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]230800[/snapback][/right]

I agree with both of the above statements strongly. [right][snapback]230823[/snapback][/right]

Well I am sure I am off a bit in my numbers but all the same, relatives aside, of the women I have spent considerable time with there are only two that I have the upmost respect for and there is a third just one word away from being one as well. They are a rare breed.