FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Written Off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: IMG_1297.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1296.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1295.jpg]

Friend was heading north on #8 towards Guelph. Somehow didn't see the stopped car ahead waiting to turn left. Car is gone but good news is the only injury to him was a bruise on lower leg.
Lucky guy!

Damn these are pretty tough little cars...
That's terrible. Glad to hear your bud is ok.

So when does the partout begin?
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 19 2009, 01:13 PM Wrote:That's terrible.  Glad to hear your bud is ok.

So when does the partout begin?
[right][snapback]297520[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Dibs on the Rims yo! :lol:
Tough car indeed. I wedged mine under a transport truck while doing 120km on the 400. walked away.
ANTHONYD,Nov 19 2009, 02:37 PM Wrote:Tough car indeed. I wedged mine under a transport truck while doing 120km on the 400. walked away.
[right][snapback]297527[/snapback][/right]

WHOA!!! When? Green Focus??? Dead??? Say it ain't so...
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 19 2009, 02:59 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 19 2009, 02:37 PM Wrote:Tough car indeed. I wedged mine under a transport truck while doing 120km on the 400. walked away.
[right][snapback]297527[/snapback][/right]

WHOA!!! When? Green Focus??? Dead??? Say it ain't so...
[right][snapback]297529[/snapback][/right]

I heard this story a few years back.

No wonder his car looks so clean and new... all new parts :lol:
im scared of drivers like that
Air bags went off, so just wait until tomorrow until his real colour shows up :)

glad he is ok, and i'm sure a good scartch X will just clean all that up :D
Yeah the Focus is a tough little number in the head ons.

When I hit the idiot who ran the red light and I T-boned him, everything forward from the wheels was pulped and I walked away no worse than I already was :D (In fact the tipping point to writing it off according to the adjuster that saw the car, was the fact that the engine mounting bolts were sheared off :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
Naw, green machine is still going strong.
Rocker panel rust and all (strange because dirt doesn't last more than a few days on the car)

All my damage was cosmetic (believe it or not)
The transport was a write off. Flipped and took out about 300 yards of guard rail and shoulder with it. i should know, I was getting the bills from the city of Barrie.
That accident cost my insurance company at the time something like 120k. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Nov 20 2009, 11:57 AM Wrote:i should know, I was getting the bills from the city of Barrie.
[right][snapback]297558[/snapback][/right]

You were deemed "at fault"? What the heck happened? My memory isn't going back that far...
reldridge,Nov 20 2009, 11:03 AM Wrote:You were deemed "at fault"? What the heck happened? My memory isn't going back that far...
[right][snapback]297560[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, he had all his maintenance records in the trunk so it outweighed the transport truck. Knocked it clear off the highway.

:lol:
Here is my cousins car from two days ago. poor car :(

[Image: 15339_1273685731453_1509226156_764008_6235883_n.jpg]

he flipped the car 4 times and car landed on its side. Him and 2 of his friends walked away with bruises and couple od scratches.
^^How exectly did that happen? And we want a true story. :-)

I walked away without a scratch 2 weeks ago in my buddy's '02 WRX. Car is a right off as well. I'll try to post photos.
reldridge,Nov 20 2009, 12:03 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 20 2009, 11:57 AM Wrote:i should know, I was getting the bills from the city of Barrie.
[right][snapback]297558[/snapback][/right]

You were deemed "at fault"? What the heck happened? My memory isn't going back that far...
[right][snapback]297560[/snapback][/right]

I swerved to miss a piece of tire in the middle of my lane, touched the soft shoulder and drifted into the ditch in a spin, I then cranked the wheel, and when the tires hooked up again, it shot me into the side of the truck next to me. I got charged with an "unsafe lane change" even after 10 cars behind me saw me swerve to miss the debris. My wife was asleep in the passenger side.
NikiterZTS,Nov 21 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:^^How exectly did that happen? And we want a true story. :-)

I walked away without a scratch 2 weeks ago in my buddy's '02 WRX. Car is a right off as well. I'll try to post photos.
[right][snapback]297574[/snapback][/right]

This is in cali, he was careless and was with 2 other guys in the car. He missed his exit and tried to make it. car went over the curve and went flying in the air. when he landed side ways car flipped 4 times and landed on its side i guess.

he tired taking better pictures but the tow truck yard does not allow a pictures unless its taken by the insurnace adjuster. Usually adjuster will give them the pictures. I guess i can post more when he gets them. uncle said if it wasn't for the MB he would have been dead by now and thank God all 3 were wearing seat belts. I bet he won't be making careless turns like that anymore. Specially now that he has to take a bus for a while :D
Aah shizzeah happenes.
His Insuarence company is not giving him a rental?
mo_focus,Nov 21 2009, 10:55 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 21 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:^^How exectly did that happen? And we want a true story. :-)

[right][snapback]297574[/snapback][/right]

This is in cali, he was careless and was with 2 other guys in the car. He missed his exit and tried to make it. car went over the curve and went flying in the air. when he landed side ways car flipped 4 times and landed on its side i guess.

he tired taking better pictures but the tow truck yard does not allow a pictures unless its taken by the insurnace adjuster. Usually adjuster will give them the pictures. I guess i can post more when he gets them. uncle said if it wasn't for the MB he would have been dead by now and thank God all 3 were wearing seat belts. I bet he won't be making careless turns like that anymore. Specially now that he has to take a bus for a while :D
[right][snapback]297578[/snapback][/right]
NikiterZTS,Nov 21 2009, 05:18 PM Wrote:Aah shizzeah happenes.
His Insuarence company is not giving him a rental?

Car is under my uncle's name. Cousin is only 24 or 25 i think. Uncle is pissed hence my the public transportation.