FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Jeremy Clarkson: "top Gear Won't Be Back"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jeremy Clarkson: "Top Gear won't be back"
14-03-2007

World famous British automotive TV show Top Gear might be no more. Presenter Jeremy Clarkson said in the U.K.'s Sun newspaper this weekend the program won't be returning.

At the end of the last episode of the season, Clarkson closed saying: "We don't know when we'll be back." The BBC claims Top Gear will be back for a summer special, and will start a new season in the fall.

"After last week's Top Gear, the TV announcer said it would be back in the summer," Clarkson wrote. "Can I just say, it won't be."

Mr. Clarkson, and co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond are rumored to be in rows with producers over the future of the show. The show's management purportedly wants more celebrity appearances and less focus on cars.
There goes my Sunday Night TV
NNNNNoooooooo oo oooo ooooo!!
You know, with all the antics that these guys provide each show, it wouldn't surprise me that this is a publicity stunt.

If they were going to cut the show, the BBC would lose a lot of revenue.
OH MY GODDDD!!!

BLASPHEMY!!!!

Can't even watch the 5th gear or victory be deisgn much anymore either...seems Nascar is more important...

NASCAR SUX!!!!!!!!!
Oscar The Grouch,Mar 14 2007, 08:51 AM Wrote:You know, with all the antics that these guys provide each show, it wouldn't surprise me that this is a publicity stunt.

If they were going to cut the show, the BBC would lose a lot of revenue.
[right][snapback]230447[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but I'm thinking that the lawyers at the BBC are really really nervous after the accident that happened during the show's filming... The merest whiff of a liability lawsuit has scared people off of things before. This could be the source of the rumours of the change in direction that the shows producers are seeking...

NefCanuck
Just when I thought my day couldnt get any worse.............f***
I'm pretty sure that the lease on the top gear track is up, so they need a new track. Also, their contracts are over, so I think this could be Clarkson negotiating more money. Lastly, they already mentioned in one of this seasons episodes that they were filmed the next season, and Clarkson recently mentioned in one of his articles that he was doing filming for a Top Gear segment.

I think what's in question here, is the time at which it will be back, not that it wont be back at all, because of course it will be.
that blows....top gear is awesome...