FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nice Day To Work On The Focus!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it was as stellar day and I went to Kelowna to pick up race mirrors and the rest of the sub enclosure trim and base (thanks Keith!) I get home from the drive and got right at taking out the passenger mirror which went pretty quick and very easy to do and install the new mirror. On the driver side it was a little different and right away I could tell someone tinkered with the passenger side mirror when I started to take apart the driver side. There was insulating foam and a second torque screw holding the mirror in place. I didn't have any torque bits so I went to Canadian Tire picked up a complete socket and bit set for $10 which was a good deal. While I was there I also picked up a new air filter and Haynes Xtreame Customizing manual for the Ford Focus. Its not a bad manual a little pricey at like $45 buckets but I was like F*** it because it was the last one and they didn't have any actual Haynes repair manuals. So I get back finish the driver side mirror up put in the new air filter I felt like I actually got something done today. So this Saturday I am either going to replace the stock springs with the Ford Racing KW springs or finally do the FS race header. Any here are some before and after pics of the mirrors.
[Image: DSC00271.jpg]
[Image: DSC00272.jpg]
[Image: DSC00274.jpg]
[Image: DSC00275.jpg]
[Image: DSC00276.jpg]
[Image: DSC00277.jpg]
[Image: DSC00278.jpg]
[Image: DSC00279.jpg]
dude...that looks killer

oh yea and don't forget to put it into your signiture cuz that's the coolest thing around :P
Post a front side mirror showing pic of the mirrors please.

And those are the Euro Focus RS mirrors, no?
meford4u,Mar 13 2007, 11:51 PM Wrote:Post a front side mirror showing pic of the mirrors please.

And those are the Euro Focus RS mirrors, no?
[right][snapback]230357[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure of the manufacturer I didn't ask :D But I got them for $50 not bad considering they matched the color of the car perfectly. I'll get some front pics.
Don't want to thread-jack, but..

do you know if they had those available for the heated mirror set up?
I believe so also with a power option. But these are just basic. I have to physically move the mirrors by hand to adjust them.
Well done, boy were you ambitious today... all I managed to get done was give my car a much needed bath at the coin-op wash.. and warm enough to use the chamios to dry it to a mirror finish :)

I'll get a pic in the morning, before the car gets rained on :(

NefCanuck
You said you have to physically move the mirror.. Do you mean poke the glass of the mirror, or move it with the inside nibbly bit?

If you mean jab the mirror with your finger, what does the inside part look like for you? Where the adjustable nipple (lol.) is.. Do you still have it there?

Just curious as to how complete this is :D
NefCanuck,Mar 14 2007, 02:53 AM Wrote:Well done, boy were you ambitious today... all I managed to get done was give my car a much needed bath at the coin-op wash..  and warm enough to use the chamios to dry it to a mirror finish :)

I'll get a pic in the morning, before the car gets rained on :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]230394[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I can't wait till Saturday. I might do the header or the lowering springs...or both. Depending how early I start and ambition I have that day. :lol:
ex1z7,Mar 14 2007, 03:06 AM Wrote:You said you have to physically move the mirror.. Do you mean poke the glass of the mirror, or move it with the inside nibbly bit?

If you mean jab the mirror with your finger, what does the inside part look like for you? Where the adjustable nipple (lol.) is.. Do you still have it there?

[right][snapback]230397[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I have to move the mirror by hand and there is a hole on the inside cover that I will have to plug some how :D
SmokeBCBuDZ,Mar 13 2007, 11:53 PM Wrote:
ex1z7,Mar 14 2007, 03:06 AM Wrote:You said you have to physically move the mirror.. Do you mean poke the glass of the mirror, or move it with the inside nibbly bit?

[right][snapback]230397[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I have to move the mirror by hand and there is a hole on the inside cover that I will have to plug some how :D
[right][snapback]230406[/snapback][/right]

I was just thinking how terribly inconvenient that'd be, when it struck me...

Since I started driving my focus, with the exception of the time I replaced my passenger mirror, I've never adjusted the side views.

Guess it wouldn't be that bad :P
Well typically you only really adjust the side mirror if your parallel parking. So its no biggy. These mirrors are quite smaller so its gonna take some time getting used to.
You could just use the rubber grommet that comes with the manually adjustable mirror, it doesn't need to do anything but sit there.. right? Looks more in place then a hole.. Just remember you have to poke the mirror not squeeze the grommet.
Well theres a grommet between the cover and the door but the cover itself has the control knob come through the hole and then thats held there by a retainer that screws over it.
Those look sweet. Nice job man.
Yeah, colourmatched parts DO look better than the stock perforated stuff that turns grey after a while...I got rid of the side mouldings on my car, and swapped the side skirts to 98 RS edition ones...wish I had changed the mirrors and also the rear strip on the hatch....then the car would have looked more complete...

Good job....
Drivesthebeast,Mar 14 2007, 01:53 PM Wrote:Yeah, colourmatched parts DO look better than the stock perforated stuff that turns grey after a while...I got rid of the side mouldings on my car, and swapped the side skirts to 98 RS edition ones...wish I had changed the mirrors and also the rear strip on the hatch....then the car would have looked more complete...

Good job....
[right][snapback]230449[/snapback][/right]

looks really good. The weather in Kelona was awesome. My old man put his bikes on the road because the weather was so nice.
" Race Mirrors " hahaha
Haha hardly race however an improvement in style over the ugly, dull, plastic, OEM mirrors. :D
Nice job, I might have to do that. Considering my car is black as well, that looks pretty damn cool.

Is the fitment good?